Back To The Bay

Wow what can I say about this awesome day out for Fishraiders and their guests :thumbup: A LOT I GUESS

We arrived at the park at around 5.15 am and just as we pulled up we saw a flotilla of boats heading past us and they were all Fishraiders.

Flightmanager ,mrsflightmanger and Mako and No1 son were already set up and raring to go.

The fantastic electrical storm out to sea lit up the whole skyline in an unreal light show as we arrived and the bay was as flat as we had ever seen it.

This indeed was going to be a day to go down in the annals of Fishraider folklore :biggrin2:

This was no amateur event as everything was going along like clockwork from the word go owing to the precision like preparation which had been going on for months and now it was time to deliver.

The bbqs were fired up and so were we!!!! The endless procession of fishraiders hitting the beach was like an invading spanish armada.

Ships and boats of all sizes came ashore to register for this great event and get their well earned breakfast reward, bacon and egg rolls,coffee and tea.

The well oiled machine was now in full operation and everyone was being catered for.

With everyone fed and registered and sent off into the wild blue yonder we showed our new secret weapon,The Measure of Success :yahoo: a new protoype measuring guide for Fishraiders.

We were then graced by the presence of The Australian Volunteer Coast Guard who were represented by Cathy and Jack who stayed with us for the entire day and helped us even cook the Bbq.

Now for people that dont know they are all volunteers and do their jobs for the love of it and to protect the greater boating community.

After the first waves of attack from fellow Raiders we had time to reflect on the mornings proceedings and take a well earned breather and get ready for the final onslaught when all boats and landbased fishos would return with thier captures and hard luck stories.

The very first fish to hit "the measure of success" was a lovely flathead caught by Wildfish (Luke)@ 61 cms which proved to be the winner in the flathead section.

post-256-1189934066_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189934078_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189934093_thumb.jpg

There were many flathead bought to the measuring table around the 38 to 45 cm mark but none to topple Luke's great capture.

Boat after boat started to return with some very credible captures of trevally and flathead,then a couple of beaut trevally turned up with a nice 40 cm model taken by smitty followed by a great 49 cm blurter taken by Mark84 which was far and away the best trevally presented to the measuring master.

post-256-1189934368_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189934379_thumb.jpg

For some strange reason there had been a notable absence of bream and it was late in the morning when the best bream of the day was measured at 31.5 cm taken by one of our new members Snowy.

post-256-1189934570_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189934590_thumb.jpg

We had two boats standing guard over our beach and it was nice to see Sea Tow our Site sponor skippered by Adrian Morris and the Coast Guard side by side.We all felt safe :thumbup:

post-256-1189934827_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189934841_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189934854_thumb.jpg

More and more families were arriving and once more the younger fishraiders were showing their true fishraider fishing skills with some very nice fish to measure with trevally and tailor the main stay with a few flatties thrown in for good measure.

post-256-1189935205_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189935218_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189935261_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189935274_thumb.jpg

Otther notable captures were made by a lot of members as well.

post-256-1189935578_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189935592_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189935602_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189935624_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189935637_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189935648_thumb.jpg

Once again the masses enjoyed a sumptuous BBQ prepared by Flightmanager ,Jewhunter,Mrsrzep ,Johnno and the Coastguard Volunteers ,Jack and Cathy :1yikes:

post-256-1189936060_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189936036_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189936047_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189936079_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189936092_thumb.jpg

It was now time for the much anticipated presentaion to the winners of the 3 x100 vouchers from our fantastic site sponsors Fishfinder Bait and Tackle , Go Fish@Dural and Wattos.

The winner for the largest flathead @ 61 cms was Wildfish and he was presented with his $100 voucher by Ross on behalf of Sean and Claudia from Wattos as they could not make it.

post-256-1189937118_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189937130_thumb.jpg

The winner for the largest Bream @ 31.5 cms was Snowy and he was presented with his $100 gift voucher by Jewhunter on behalf of Tony Davis at Fishfinder Bait and Tackle as Tony was extremely busy at his shop and could not stay.

post-256-1189937224_thumb.jpg

Thw winner of the largest Trevally @ 49 cms was Mark84 and he was presented with his $100 gift voucher by Go Fish Pete from Go Fish @ Dural.

post-256-1189937236_thumb.jpg

We thank our sponsors for their kind and continued generous support of our Socials.

One of our very generous members who wishes to stay anonymous donated 3 rods for the under 12 young fishraiders and Sean and Claudia from Wattos matched this kind gesture to make it 6 great combos for the kids.

Also Tony and Rebecca Davis supplied 4 great bream lures for the kids as well.

Winners of the rods for their outstanding efforts were presented with their combos by our Coast Guard friends Cathy and Jack

Jess ,Cam,Phillip,Jake,Caige and Chloe.

post-256-1189937936_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189937947_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189937973_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189937984_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189938032_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189938083_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189938098_thumb.jpg

Andy and Bec were the recipients of the lures.

post-256-1189938047_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189938060_thumb.jpg

Congratulations to all the winners and grinners.

It would be remiss of me not to remind everyone that our very own Flightmanger celebrated his birthday today and we gave him a rousing renditon of Happy Birthday.

post-256-1189938859_thumb.jpg

Ross was presented with a great Tuna Rod and Reel combo from his lovely wife Cath.

post-256-1189938948_thumb.jpg

Continued in part 2

Phew, what a great day.... Andy, Geoff and I had a ball and it was great to catch up with a whole lot of familiar faces....

And, meet some knew ones, especially Grant (JewHunter), nice to finally put a face to the name... :thumbup:

How good was the organisation - the food all donated and the cooks did everyone proud and then there's the prizes... top stuff and Andy has his lures in his room with him. He's still talking about them.

Actually, I don't think that kid ever shuts up really.... :074::074:

Anyway, great day and thanks to everyone who made it happen.

I won't post any of my pics as there all covered above.

Thanks again everyone.

Cheers

David.

:thumbup:

Phew, what a great day.... Andy, Geoff and I had a ball and it was great to catch up with a whole lot of familiar faces....

And, meet some knew ones, especially Grant (JewHunter), nice to finally put a face to the name... :thumbup:

How good was the organisation - the food all donated and the cooks did everyone proud and then there's the prizes... top stuff and Andy has his lures in his room with him. He's still talking about them.

Actually, I don't think that kid ever shuts up really.... :074::074:

Anyway, great day and thanks to everyone who made it happen.

I won't post any of my pics as there all covered above.

Thanks again everyone.

Cheers

David.

And DITTO from me , a great day , looking foward to the next one. Thanks to all

:thumbup::thumbup::yahoo::yahoo:

Geoff

Damn I look fat in my photo :(

WD to all the winners and a big thanks to the coast guard for bieng around and keeping all the pirates away :)

Also HUGE thankes to everyone who made the day what it was, I look forward to taking a sukkie for the kingfish social :D

and mottyman i think you should buy your own lures this time so as you dont have to swim after those also! :074:

thank you very much fishraider team!!! :thumbup:

:ranting2::ranting2: Yeah.... you'll keep mate..........!!!!!!! :074::074:

I'm not touch'n em, Andy can use them all on his own when we're out next, that is of course unless he starts catching fish, then I'll confiscate them!!! :biggrin2:

Cheers,

David.

I missed a great day :( i came down with something on saturday arvo thinkin it was just a cold that was hitting me and that i would get better, by 8.30 i could hardly move so i thought i better call luke and tell him i couldn't make it which was very hard :( spent the whole of sunday in bed.

Congrats to everyone that won prizes, thats a stonker trevally :thumbup:

Cheers james

What a cracker of a social! :yahoo:

Stewy & I were going cross eyed writing the report. :1yikes:

I'm so glad I made the trip down for it. :biggrin2:

It was great to catch up with so many fellow Raiders. I just wish that I'd had more time to chat a bit more with you all. It was nice to finally meet Mottyman & Andy. Sorry I didn't talk to you more David. I was a bit distracted! :1gathering:

The thanks to all has already been given so I won't rabbit on. I just wanted to pass on a big thanks to the most important people of all. YOU!! Without your support in attending these events they wouldn't happen so a big :thumbup: to all who made it down for the day.

I think the final tally of attendees who were there at one time or another was around 105. :1yikes: Mind blowing!

I've still got a smile on my face as I write this. It truly was a great day on the bay.

Now I reckon we should hang up our rods for a night & all get on down to the Xmas party. Now that will be fun! :banana:

Cheers,

Grant.