Back To The Bay

Administration and the moderating team would like to thank the following Fishraiders who for the efforts are now our newest GOLD MEMBERS.

Mako for his huge effort in supplying all the eggs and bringing all the equipment to the Social in his transit van and staying around to make sure the area was left clean and tidy.

Wildfish for providing the drinks and ice.

Fishguts for providing the drinks and ice.

Penguin for all the great salad.

Thanks so much gentlemen for your generosity.

Ross and Cathy for their tireless efforts once again ,thanks Guys.

Peita and Johnno who made every post a winner for us with paperwork and bbq duties.

Cathy and Jack from the Volunteer Coast Guard ,two more professional people you will not meet.

The Site Sponsors who always put their hands in thier pockets to add some spice to our Socials.

To my darling mrsswordfisherman and Grant who put in the big ones when its needed to make these events run as smooth as silk.

This will continue the tradition of one of the best and well run socials we have ever held and thank you to all the members and guests for their excellent behaviour representing the Site and leaving the venue in a clean tidy way.

A VERY BIG THANK YOU to the members who chipped in when the hat was passed around for the Australian Volunteer Coast Guard - a donation was made to Catherine and and Jack of $150. That is raider spirit!!

Here are a few more shots of the day for your perusal.

post-256-1189940300_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189940311_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189940323_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189940337_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189940397_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189940410_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189940420_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189940431_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189940442_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189940453_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189940551_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189940566_thumb.jpg

post-256-1189940579_thumb.jpg

Regards Swordfisherman,Grant and Donna

Well done to the organisers and looks like everyone had a blast.

You couldn't have picked a more perfect day.

Congrats to all the winners and grinners. Our generous sponsors

came up with the wonderful prizes and thanks also to our mystery

prize donor...The true spirit of Fishraider.

These socials are becoming better and better each time they are held and with

the turnout today....soon Raiders will qualify for their own travelling postcode.

Sorry I couldn't make it to this one but the home front came first unfortunately.

So glad it all went off smoothly and special praise must go to our Flightmanager...

a truly giving human being, for his tireless efforts..

Cheers,

Pete.

Well Done Raider crew :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: ..

Another roaring success... congrats to all the winners and thanks to sponsors that help to make it a great day....

wish i was there but i had my 5yr old sons party to do...

looks like everyone was a winner on the day as conditions looked awsome, hope you all got into some fish,if not im sure camp raider would of been a great way to spend the arfternoon... and :1happybday: Ross ,what a champ.. his birthday and still looks after others..

cheers ... steve...

Edited by roosterman

I was returning from a wedding only a few hours earlier than you guys were setting up. I wish I was there but there is always the next one.

Looks like a good day for all.

HB Ross, nice pressie you got there. Gotta love a supportive wife.

hi all! no fish for me today, but what a great day it was, the weather gods were tops.

happy b/day ross and great cooking, i do love the smell of bacon eggs and ash in the morning :074:

thanks for gold status swordies, sorry i couldnt stay but i'll be hanging around for sure at the next one

it was good to meet those i did, and will get to everyone else next time, sooo many people

and my hard drives a little slow, maybe my ram! rom! whatever. until next time!

..cheers all!..stevo!..

BIG thank you to everyone that did all the work so everyone else could enjoy the fun

also to our sponsors and the members that supplied items for the day :thumbup:

take a bow people ........... first class :yahoo:

Congratulations to all the winners

I have to apologise for the quick exit of Sorro and myself before the junior prizes were

handed out , the boat had breached sideways so we went down to make sure it stayed

away from the other boats ......... well I found the drop off from the beach :1yikes:

so we felt it was time to go :05:

Please note no phones, remotes or wallets were drowned :074:

As Stumpy says it was a great day to go boating

Chris

I was returning from a wedding only a few hours earlier than you guys were setting up. I wish I was there but there is always the next one.

Looks like a good day for all.

HB Ross, nice pressie you got there. Gotta love a supportive wife.

i too had just returned from a wedding early that morning and went out on my cusons boat hitting the water around 7:30ish. we totally forgot about the social but was quickly reminded when logging on here this morning :mad3::mad3:

we were wondering why the ramp was so busy to get back in at around 3ish. i did see a few raiders like off tap and others with stickers and hats on.

we were the guys in the little tinny covered in stickers (deschanels boat who thinks his sponsered by every tackle manufactuer) :1prop: i had the fisheraider hat on too.

:mad3:

spewing we forgot :mad3:

whens the next one?

Edited by Flightmanager

It was a top event, these socials are gettin better and bigger :thumbup:

Thanks to all those that helped put this one together and all those

that made it a memorible day.

Bring on the next one, :biggrin2:

penguin

Edited by penguin

To all those involved, well done. A great setup and a great day on the water. Got to meet & greet a number of raiders at the ramp and at the sign in. Sorry we could'nt say for the weigh in as we had a previous appointment to make an appearence at. Looking forward to the next one.

Again ... well done guys.

Barry.

Edited by Mrwooley

Well, another Fishraider Social under my belt and it gets better and better each time.

Took off with the tribe at 5.00ish and went to Penrhyn St ramp at Botany Bay.All went well with that bit...........now to call Flightmanager and find out where the hell to go and register.All to easy........NOT!

Phone call 1.

Hi Ross, im in the water, where to now?

Gday Stumpy, follow the third runway out and turn right.

Cool, where is the third runway?

Infront of you Murray, there is a plane landing on it!

Thanks mate, see you soon!

Phone call 2.(15 minutes later)

Hi Cath, is Ross there,

He's not around Murray, where are you?

Not sure Cath, I'm near a big oil tanker,

What , the refinery?

No Cath, a bloody boat!

Can you see me yet? I'm following that other boat??

No...........not really.

Cath, can you actually see any water?

No, the sun is in my eyes.

Phone call 3 (30 minutes later)

Hi Ross, where and the F&^$ am I?

Botany Bay Murray!

Thanks asshole, which side of the Bay are you on? The left or right hand side?

The Bay is round Murray there are no sides

Are you at the Tanker Murray?

What, the refinery?

No the bloody boat!

Yep,

Good, head west

No probs Ross,

Ross,

Yes Murray,

Where is west?

(Calmly speaking) Murray, go to the tanker and head away from the sun, keep the sun at your back and keep driving until I call you.

Phone call 4 (Who Cares about the time)

Murray,

Yes Ross

Stop the boat, turn right, your here.

My right or your right?

No Answer.

So.......................... we registered, ate like kings, went out (somewhere), the Kids brained 3 fish in 3 minutes.......... and that was that! All went quiet. Went back to the party, had a hoot with every one there, the kids loved it. :yahoo:

Thanks sooooooooooooo much for a great time. :thumbup:

post-2682-1190002031_thumb.jpg It was such hard work out there!

Cheers,

Stumpy :1prop:

Edited by stumpy

Great to see everyone had a great day, The organisation leading up to it was perfect and it shows on the photos that the outcome was even better,

Wish I could have attended and very jealous that I could not. Look forward to the next one.

Thanks to the the organisers these things are never easy to put on, especially to those behing the scenes, also a big thankyou to the sponsors and their generosity as always.

Finally congratualations to the winners on a great day.

Billy the Kid

congrats to the winners of the prizes, the mods/volunteers for putting the whole thing on and breamhunter for the ride in your boat. Was quiet for us with no real big fish.

On a brighter note managed to catch 2 bream on sp's being my first lure caught bream :thumbup: . One was on a 2" watermelon grub. The other was on a 3" minnow in Biloti blue. Cant wait for the next social and my next bream on sp's

hi all well wat do i say top day with a great bunch of people thanks to all the sponsors and admin for putting on a top day and congrats to all the winners as for my fishn not a legal all day 2 bream and a flattie all day pretty quiet and to top it off motor stops and didnt go again ah well :05: (thank god for the leccy)still a great day had

thanks for the company dangles and congrats on the first bream on sp's

mick

Hi all.

Its a shame I could not make it on such a beautiful day.

Was driving to work and saw the banner set up. I only live across the road!!!!!!!

Had looked at roster weeks ago, knew I was working and had forgotten about the social. Was dressed in uniform and would have looked out of place if I stopped to say gday...by the sounds of it was a great day.

By the way Roberta those little rock walls jutting out from the sand are just as good as they look, as I mentioned just across the road and very close to my heart.

Greg

Fishing_social_017__Small_.jpg

Sadly , this is an all too familiar view of my good mate Stumpy!! All that nasty navigating stuff takes it out of you ! :074:

Sorry for the dealy in submitting my version of events , but it had been a pretty long day , and even the 30 minute power nap on the way home didnt help all that much!

Woke up at 0230 , and made a last minute check of the forums , just as well , Crazy John and Co. were a last minute addition !

Thanks to Andrew ( Mako) , all of our equipment was packed safely in his van ( Stewy , we REEEEEALY need one of these !) , so all I had to do was get the rest of the team up , load the food into the car , and head off.

Listened to High Tide on the way in , adn all the incoming weather reports were very positive , light winds, calm seas , and a few reports of fish caught the previous day . What a difference from the last time we were there!!

We were first to arrive , with Mako hot on our heels . Unloaded all of our gear , and saw a large number of boats heading to the roadside parking to register. Mrsflightmanager raced down and took care of the necessary paperwork , and soon the " fleet" were heading off to the ramps to begin to do battle.

Shortly after , I had the BBQ going , and the first of 8 KGs of snags , and 5 dozen eggs sizzling on the plate. I think its always a good idea to have a good feed before hitting the water , and judging by the rate the food was disappearing , so do many of you !! :)

It was great to see so many Raiders , many of whom I was meeting for the first time ! Boats were coming in waves ( pardon the pun) , no sooner would we get one group registered and fed , then the next lot would arrive . This went on until about 0730 , by then just about everyone had arrived , and I think all were fishing by 0800 .

I was able to sit in the sun , and chat with our Admin , and some other members who were likewise enjoying the ideal conditions. Also , had a great talk with Jack and Cathy , from the Volounteer Coast Guard. I now know exactly what it is that they do , I recommend that any of you that have some free time , consider joining!! Spent a very pleasant few hours with Jewgaffer , who had pulled an allnighter in his boat , and was quite content to sit in the sun , and discuss all things angling!

Soon enough , it was time to do the prep for the " Lunch Service " . I would like to thank my more than capable assistants Jewhunter , Johnno , Rzep, Cathy and Jack , and my mostest favouritest one Mrs Rzep. I quite simply could not have done it without you , keeping the food up to 100 hungry fishos is not a job for the faint of heart , you outdid yourselves !!

I was , however , in for a little surprise after lunch.

I was having a cleansing ale with some fellow members , when Stumpy said to me : " I 'll show you the new rod that I got yesterday". He produced a beautiful Azagai fully rollered rod , and a Team Tica SB30M game reel . After a short time , ( he is still recovering from that little incident with the chainsaw) , he finally had it all together ( and with only a few peeks at the instruction book!) .

Next thing , my lovely wife Catherine presents me with a birthday card , on the bottom of which was written " Please get your bloody present off Stumpy before he breaks it !". Of course , knowing how much Stumpy likes a little joke , I grabbed HIS lovely wife Joanne ! :074: It then dawned on me that my present was not in fact Jo , but the very rod and reel the he had purchased for "himself!"

I had been the victim of a Fishraider conspiracy , and I was amazed at how many members were party to this , but I thank you one and all !!

Next came the presentation of prizes , and as Stewy has already covered these in some detail , I will not go through them again.

I would , however like to thank a few people , an event of this magnitude does not just happen , and one person alone could never do it so well.

Firstly , Stewy and Donna , for all of their help and support. There was never a problem too large , or a detail too small , that they didnt help me with . Thank you so much , it is a rare priviledge to be able to call you my friends!

Next , the irrepressible Jewhunter. He helped not only with the cooking , but keeping us all focussed to the task at hand , also for providing a very welcome :beersmile: or 3 to keep us hydrated !

To our newest Gold Members , without your extremely generous donations of goodies , the day simply would not have happened. You embody the Fishraider Spirit, thank you .

To Paul , Pieta and Johnno , thanks for all of your help in so many areas , I greatly appreciate it.

I would finally like to thank all of our members who attended my " birthday party" :074: , er , I mean the Back To The Bay Social , I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves , and look forward to seeing you all at the next one!!

Speaking of which , as I now have nothing to do , I think I will start work on the Next One ! :074: Keep watching these forums for details !

Ross