Back To The Bay

What a top day it was for my first fishraider social.

Firstly a big thanks for the gold member status,it was a great surprise.

Also another big thanks to all who organised the event and to all of the sponsors who supplied all of the great prizes.

Congrats to all who won the prizes,there were some really great fish caught considering the tough conditions.

It was great to finally meet some raiders and put faces to the online names.

I fished the rock walls infront of the social area and managed this flattie first cast

post-2229-1190031976_thumb.jpg

but it went quiet after that and I only managed another small flattie and some small tailor.

It was just a great day to be out on the water and even better to spend it with fellow raiders.

Can't wait for the next one!

Fishing_social_017__Small_.jpg

Next thing , my lovely wife Catherine presents me with a birthday card , on the bottom of which was written " Please get your bloody present off Stumpy before he breaks it !". Of course , knowing how much Stumpy likes a little joke , I grabbed HIS lovely wife Joanne ! :074: It then dawned on me that my present was not in fact Jo , but the very rod and reel the he had purchased for "himself!"

Ross

:Funny-Post: Poor old Stumpy, thats cruel Ross, but fuuny.

penguin

Fishing_social_017__Small_.jpg

Sadly , this is an all too familiar view of my good mate Stumpy!! All that nasty navigating stuff takes it out of you ! :074:

Sorry for the dealy in submitting my version of events , but it had been a pretty long day , and even the 30 minute power nap on the way home didnt help all that much!

Woke up at 0230 , and made a last minute check of the forums , just as well , Crazy John and Co. were a last minute addition !

Thanks to Andrew ( Mako) , all of our equipment was packed safely in his van ( Stewy , we REEEEEALY need one of these !) , so all I had to do was get the rest of the team up , load the food into the car , and head off.

Listened to High Tide on the way in , adn all the incoming weather reports were very positive , light winds, calm seas , and a few reports of fish caught the previous day . What a difference from the last time we were there!!

We were first to arrive , with Mako hot on our heels . Unloaded all of our gear , and saw a large number of boats heading to the roadside parking to register. Mrsflightmanager raced down and took care of the necessary paperwork , and soon the " fleet" were heading off to the ramps to begin to do battle.

Shortly after , I had the BBQ going , and the first of 8 KGs of snags , and 5 dozen eggs sizzling on the plate. I think its always a good idea to have a good feed before hitting the water , and judging by the rate the food was disappearing , so do many of you !! :)

It was great to see so many Raiders , many of whom I was meeting for the first time ! Boats were coming in waves ( pardon the pun) , no sooner would we get one group registered and fed , then the next lot would arrive . This went on until about 0730 , by then just about everyone had arrived , and I think all were fishing by 0800 .

I was able to sit in the sun , and chat with our Admin , and some other members who were likewise enjoying the ideal conditions. Also , had a great talk with Jack and Cathy , from the Volounteer Coast Guard. I now know exactly what it is that they do , I recommend that any of you that have some free time , consider joining!! Spent a very pleasant few hours with Jewgaffer , who had pulled an allnighter in his boat , and was quite content to sit in the sun , and discuss all things angling!

Soon enough , it was time to do the prep for the " Lunch Service " . I would like to thank my more than capable assistants Jewhunter , Johnno , Rzep, Cathy and Jack , and my mostest favouritest one Mrs Rzep. I quite simply could not have done it without you , keeping the food up to 100 hungry fishos is not a job for the faint of heart , you outdid yourselves !!

I was , however , in for a little surprise after lunch.

I was having a cleansing ale with some fellow members , when Stumpy said to me : " I 'll show you the new rod that I got yesterday". He produced a beautiful Azagai fully rollered rod , and a Team Tica SB30M game reel . After a short time , ( he is still recovering from that little incident with the chainsaw) , he finally had it all together ( and with only a few peeks at the instruction book!) .

Next thing , my lovely wife Catherine presents me with a birthday card , on the bottom of which was written " Please get your bloody present off Stumpy before he breaks it !". Of course , knowing how much Stumpy likes a little joke , I grabbed HIS lovely wife Joanne ! :074: It then dawned on me that my present was not in fact Jo , but the very rod and reel the he had purchased for "himself!"

I had been the victim of a Fishraider conspiracy , and I was amazed at how many members were party to this , but I thank you one and all !!

Next came the presentation of prizes , and as Stewy has already covered these in some detail , I will not go through them again.

I would , however like to thank a few people , an event of this magnitude does not just happen , and one person alone could never do it so well.

Firstly , Stewy and Donna , for all of their help and support. There was never a problem too large , or a detail too small , that they didnt help me with . Thank you so much , it is a rare priviledge to be able to call you my friends!

Next , the irrepressible Jewhunter. He helped not only with the cooking , but keeping us all focussed to the task at hand , also for providing a very welcome :beersmile: or 3 to keep us hydrated !

To our newest Gold Members , without your extremely generous donations of goodies , the day simply would not have happened. You embody the Fishraider Spirit, thank you .

To Paul , Pieta and Johnno , thanks for all of your help in so many areas , I greatly appreciate it.

I would finally like to thank all of our members who attended my " birthday party" :074: , er , I mean the Back To The Bay Social , I'm glad you enjoyed yourselves , and look forward to seeing you all at the next one!!

Speaking of which , as I now have nothing to do , I think I will start work on the Next One ! :074: Keep watching these forums for details !

Ross

what about one off PATONGA ??? i'll help.

..cheers!..stevo!..

• 6 months later...