10 Of The Best From The Gorge

Headed up to the gorge at Penrith today hoping that the big bass would still be around after last weeks efforts and I wasnt disappointed.

The fish were hitting hard and on the light 4lb fireline and 6lb trace they proved to be a hand full at the boat.

We landed at least 10 fish over 40 cms with one topping 44 cms and a PB for me up this neck of the woods again :yahoo:

All the fish were taken on the gold TT spin baits with a pumpkin seed grub.

We were off the water by 5.30 pm and what a great few hours I spent with my two girls Mrsswordie and Luci.

Thanks for the great company girls and cant wait for the next hot arvo to come around :thumbup:

post-256-1191318402_thumb.jpg

post-256-1191318410_thumb.jpg

post-256-1191318419_thumb.jpg

post-256-1191318427_thumb.jpg

post-256-1191318439_thumb.jpg

post-256-1191318447_thumb.jpg

post-256-1191318455_thumb.jpg

Off niggering in the morning and hoping the blackies are on the chew,hard life but I may as well do it :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

How far up the gorge? one photo there looks just inside the narrows on the right hand side, is this correct? Or are the bass much further up?

You are correct ,we start at the narrows always and work our way up stream for around 2 hrs on the right hand side :biggrin2:

My god Stewy, they are amazing bass for that part of the world.... WOW...! :1yikes:

Dead jealous mate.

Dave, there is always a spot for you on the Poly if you feel the inclination :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

So many good memories from the Nepean for me. All my bass have been caught in that rive, but I haven't had a session quite as good as that. At least not as far as the size of fish you have been catching.

I'll be making some time to hit the Nepean midweek. Before the skiers start getting the urge.

Good luck with the Blackies tommorow. At 34 degrees, it's one day I will be grateful I'm going to be indoors. Not really but it is some consolation.

Top Effort stewy

So jelous you can go fishing while the rest of us have to work! Massive fish for that part of the woods, i bet they went like rockets

Randall

Top Effort stewy

So jelous you can go fishing while the rest of us have to work! Massive fish for that part of the woods, i bet they went like rockets

Randall

Dave, there is always a spot for you on the Poly if you feel the inclination :biggrin2:

Cheers Stewy

Maaaaaaayyyyyyyte, I'm dying too and we will for sure some time soon.

I'd love to fish with you - it will be a great day.

I'll be in touch :thumbup:

Big thanks

Dave.

nice fish! wish my bass were that big and where the nepean gorge? i live not far from north richmond. how far from there?

xib

these fish were taken from approx 500m south of the M4 bridge and heading upstream. Once through the narrows there is a creek that runs into the river on the right side. Been camping just up in there before and seen some fish rising but never had a rod :(

Stewy good to see you getting into some nice bass, will be heading up there again next wed.

Me and a mate went last wed and got a fair few, seems there not intested in topwater at the moment only spinnerbaits and jackalls.

Geee gotta remember the camera :tease:

these fish were taken from approx 500m south of the M4 bridge and heading upstream. Once through the narrows there is a creek that runs into the river on the right side. Been camping just up in there before and seen some fish rising but never had a rod :(

thanks dangles. i'll have to give it a go up there.

xib