Advise For Bundeena

Guest Jonno44

Guest Jonno44

Hi guys

Will more then likely be heading off to Bundeena on the 15th.

Anyone able to help with good spots, bait to use, i havent been there before so some help would be great.

Ive also been reading that they are dredging at the moment, will that effect the area?

What should i be looking at targeting down there?

Thanks in advance!

Hey mate,

I love fishing at bundeena specially at spot "x" which is near a camping ground in bundeena its a few k,s west of the warf but there is a walking track comminf from the campsite and it eventually gets to a foot brige that leads across a little back creek out of the hacking and if you back track a bit there is a small path that leads you into the water from the side, though you have to be careful treading you way through all the "sticky upy things" and you just wade out to your knees and cast (run out tide) before the deep spot that runs under the bridge and lety the current take your bait or sp from the shallower water under to the dfeep spot or (run in tide) cast immediatelyy into the deep spot and let the current take it out into the shallower water i found using chicken breast/gut works best ive caught many flathead and bream and funnily enough my mate caught a sizeable snapper from there so its a porductive little creek you just have to place your bait correctly and its a beautiful spot too it may get a little busy depending on when you go if its during the week you should be fine. Hope that helped.

Cheers,

Brad

Im guessing landbased???

Cant help with spots from the shore but bait wise pump nippers just up the road at Miainbar.

Off the ferry wharf you will be able to burley up yakkas and mullet.

I am not sure about this but i have been told that there may be beach worms on Jibbon beach.

As for the dredging if your fishing landbased off Bundeena or Jibbon Beach or along the rocks then you wont have any issues at all from the dredging.

Dave

Hey mate,

I love fishing at bundeena specially at spot "x" which is near a camping ground in bundeena its a few k,s west of the warf but there is a walking track comminf from the campsite and it eventually gets to a foot brige that leads across a little back creek out of the hacking and if you back track a bit there is a small path that leads you into the water from the side, though you have to be careful treading you way through all the "sticky upy things" and you just wade out to your knees and cast (run out tide) before the deep spot that runs under the bridge and lety the current take your bait or sp from the shallower water under to the dfeep spot or (run in tide) cast immediatelyy into the deep spot and let the current take it out into the shallower water i found using chicken breast/gut works best ive caught many flathead and bream and funnily enough my mate caught a sizeable snapper from there so its a porductive little creek you just have to place your bait correctly and its a beautiful spot too it may get a little busy depending on when you go if its during the week you should be fine. Hope that helped.

Cheers,

Brad

Would that be where the rapids are?

Hey mate,

Cheers,

Brad

i know your spot x and it is a great spot for many different species.

Jonno44

i would target squid at night off the bundeena ferry wharf, they are everywhere down there at the moment, you will even see them swimming under your feet and get to sight cast for them.

i know your spot x and it is a great spot for many different species.

Jonno44

i would target squid at night off the bundeena ferry wharf, they are everywhere down there at the moment, you will even see them swimming under your feet and get to sight cast for them.

Have you been donw there lately?

I've been waiting till I've seen them at one of my other spots before i spend ferry money to get over there.

I might be going down on Wednesday or Thursday targetting flatties off mainbar but it may be worth have a jig for some Squid if they are there atm.

IFS