Fishing Bermagui

ianoc69

Any Raiders been in and around Bermagui in recent months.

I am spending a week with friends over Xmas and taking the rod and SP's.

Land Based and Looking for Flathead and Bream.

Any leads / tips or contacts would be appreciated.

PM or reply post. :1fishing1:

There is a little inlet at Bermi with plenty of flats worth wading. I have seen a couple of good flatties come out of there.

Otherwise just up the road is Wallaga Lake. There is plenty of structure and flats around the bridge. I haven't fished down there for a couple of years but this time of year you would have to back yourself for at least a flattie or 2

The Bermagui River is a neat little waterway but like Jethro I haven't fished it in years. I do recall a on the northern bank, upstream from the bridge there was a good stretch of spinning waterway that stretched all the way to a small creek flowing in.

Wallaga lake is also a great place to fish but its huge and I never really fished it much.

If you want to go looking for those special little rivers and lakes take a drive south of Bermagui towards Tathra. There are some amazing little Estuaries that hold some great fish. Two that spring to mind are Cuttagee and one starting with B???

Cuttagee is also one of the area's best prawning waters (well it used to be!).

There is also an amazing lake by the name of Wapengo. Its a big, shallow lake and its hard to get at (only access road is a dirt road that is easy to miss) but it hold some great Flathead and Bream. A bit further south is Nelson Beach which has a small Estuary that fishes well at times and then of course you hit the Bega River at Tathra which since being turned into a Rec Only Waterway has started fishing magnificiently.

Hope you get some :1clap:

Cheers

Windy