Cooks River

robeebee

from the Valley Times

sorry if this has been posted before

its from 3 weeks ago

I guess they have never heard of sports fishing. I seriously wonder sometimes about people who make rules. Who the hell is going to enforce that croc of crap law that somehow determins rods are bad and handlines are good when either have the potential to catch all types of fish.

It's fine to signpost about toxins and not to eat fish and that should be done in all languages to protect the public but I just can't see what this rule is trying to do.

No sense in banning any sort of valid recreation or sport.

Oh well if anyone wants anything done about this I suggest you have 2 weeks as after that no one will want to know you!!!

What a poor joke some departments are.

Pel

PS I don't own fishing rod anymore I have a handline with a extension stick!! Dumb rules demand dumb answers. We should start the fishing stick extension club.

What a load of crock do these so call goverment officials ever really get off there asses and see how many people every week go down by the river to relax and have a fish with there family or friends...im sure no would be the answer.

Ok ill be the first to agree it isnt the cleanest of waterways but do you see them banning people fishing the georges or of late the Parra? No......

Alot of people dont understand that the cooks has some really good fighting fish in it.....blackfish, bream, lizards, jews to name a few.

I for one will still be fishing the cooks thats for sure....screw the goverment wankers who think they can tell people what they can and carnt do.

Hi I really can't follow this decision at all. You can fish in Cooks River with a handline only ?? What different would a rod make anyway??

Not only that but you have to be holding the line in your hand ?? What difference would it make if the spool was on the floor, in your bag or in your pocket ?

Could you have your line hitched around a bicycle spoke so you can do electric trolling??

Got me thinking about the validity of reasons for this rule.

What do others think the reason could be ??

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

I admit it. I just don't get it- What's the deal with the Woronora river as well??

At the Cooks that means everyone who fishes the breakwall at the entrance to the Cooks is breaking the law when fishing the city side but OK fishing the Brighton side. Bloody hell.

How would you like to ba fisheries officer enforcing those rules!!!!

Where is the beloved fishing party when these rules go through???

What's the science/ report behind these?

Pel

PS thanks for finding that Rzep

Edited by pelican

Great work Aero :thumbup: thanks for going out of your way to call the Fisheries Department.

That will certainly ease a lot of uncertainties, Chris that's for sure.

I thought they were well and truly going overboard !!

Cheers and well done mate !!!

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

So as usual the journalist is a wally.

Someone should contact them or the paper or why not give it to Media watch on the ABC. Its a classic and as good a beat up as Today Tonight.

How pathetic

Thanks for making the call as I was going to later as it didn't make sense.

The good news there will be no more longlining in the Cooks River- if there ever was

Pel