Tag Lines

Anthony

Mine are setup with a plastic clip at one end and a snap swivel on the other. The snap being the connection to the trolled line, so I was going to connect to the line with a rubber band as I do now. You think its better to get rid of that snap?

Anthony

Mine are setup with a plastic clip at one end and a snap swivel on the other. The snap being the connection to the trolled line, so I was going to connect to the line with a rubber band as I do now. You think its better to get rid of that snap?

Whitecaps...

What ant is saying there is sound advice......however by the sounds of things differant in respect to

the clips i use a stainless snap on both riggers with the exception to the shottie which is plastic

due to the speed and force at which it can recoil back at.....

I have'nt come across what ant mention's to but don't doubt it happens i think the critical thing is

the referance to "Tag lines are great IF set up right"

The secret i feel is after you have wrapped the band around your line make sure that loop on completion

goes through the other loop so that only one loop then clips onto the snap....

you will find the band then stretches a lot truer with the action of the lure.... twists yes but only so far and then untwists

and keeps on repeating the process....

The other reason i use snaps is cause it actually adds a bit of weight to the string that anthony touched on

allowing you to reach out and comfortably reach the snap after the tag line return as travelled back

As it so happens i am in the process of renewing all the lines on the riggers in prep for the new season

so i will take a couple of pics and post so excuse if they look a bit skungy......

Oh by the way i employ a peg for live baiting and replace it when required with a roller troller in say switch baiting for example....i use nbr 32 bands for lures and nbr 16's for livies..

anyways enough confusion from me here are some pics (i hope)

Cheers Warnie...

post-4679-1196314288_thumb.jpg

post-4679-1196314303_thumb.jpg

post-4679-1196314320_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys for info. Warnie why the peg for live bait and roller for switch, is the peg a softer release?

Mark

Not so much about the realease as such for you can position the band on the peg were you require it to control the amount of release..........

no its about the fact that as the same principal of conection as your lures when the band is clipped into the peg and when the band takes the tension you can see through the band all the actions of the bait...

you know after a while by the way it acts if some that threatens it as turned up on the scene

quite often when this happens we put the boat in nuetral release the band with a gentle pull motion

and allow the bait to swim off this action usually results with what ever is stalking to instinctivly

chase it and grab it were as it was prepared to just consider it before hand....obviously if all dont go to plan reconnect to the peg and continue on this sort of indication is harder to judge on the roller troller

were it is more likely to open either when it happens or bait activated there is minimal

fine tuning or teasing on of the fish as free spooling in the hand allows and some days makes all the differance

Cheers Warnie....