St Georges Basin & Jervis Bay

robeebee

sorry for the delay

wanted to get a decent fish on a newish bream stick and reel ,on the water with Dad around 7.00 am

headed for a spot I know and rigged up a light jighead and turtleback worm

3rd cast gets hit and off on a little run , rod feels great , gain a bit of line back and it feels like a bream

get him near the boat and Dad nets a new PB Bream of 345 mm for me

a few minutes later Dad gets a bite , not much fight from a small Whiting , which is released

bout' 5 minutes later i get a better hit and battle with another Breambo , runs harder

get him back and with Dad on the net again , boat a new PB of 355 mm , this is great

Dad then gets into about 9 more little Whiting , oh well it's all fun

wind changes around 180 degrees and I head for another spot in shallow water and tie on a popper

this new rod casts poppers a country mile

after about 5 casts , SPLASH , but it misses the hooks, reel in slack , bloop bloop , SPLASH

big hit and it's off , cant dive deep so he's running away like mad in a foot and a half of water

then it goes into the weed , tough fight on 4 pound line but slowly bring him close

I say to Dad , net that big clump of weed and just before it goes under the boat we get it

another PB of 395 mm

get another Bream around 360 mm and a decent flattie and we head back to my brothers for a rest

after lunch we decided to go out again and my brother took out the timber boat with his son

and his daughter came out on her tinnie, 3 generations on the Basin , top stuff

headed for the first spot again but from the other direction and get 5 more Bream in about an hour and a half

love this rod , Dad is still struggling to boat a legal fish , tomorrow may be his day ?

head back for a shower and a early night (yeah right ) stay up talking with my brother till 11.00 pm

up at 3.00 am and wake Dad , have a quick cuppa and were on the road by 3.30 am

get to Currambeen ck just before 4 and launch the boat and tie up to the pier

Dad stays on while I sign us up as Team ME AND DAD

motor through the creek and were off at 5.00am , Snapper social time

went straight to Plantation pt for multiple drifts and get a good bream , bugger , wrong species

after about 2 hours Dad wanted to move so he drove to a spot he knows

i watch the sounder , 40 feet , 50 ,60 , all the way to 110 feet and I'm thinking oh dear

then straight to 53 feet , Middle Ground

tie on 1/4 ounce jighead , cast and wait till it got bottom , then bang , good hit hopefully a reddie

after a good fight Dad nets another PB for me of 33 cms to the tip

quickly take a pic on the brag mat and release it , put on another gulp and cast

hits bottom and on again , (#### I hope Dad can get a fish ) land yet another PB of 37.5 cms

quick pick and its released , then Dad's reel is screaming ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZING

finally a good fish for him , fights hard and at about 30 feet down I see it , big salmon

with around 20 more following it , what an amazing sight , i net it for him but he's not happy

we motor back and drift the same spot

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZING

Dad's reel is singing his favourite song , some strong thumps on the line , right species this time ?

long runs and Dad is panicking and tireing fast , i keep telling him he's doing well and take it easy

Dad getting the s##t's thinking it's another Sambo ,

i can see the fish down deep in the clear water and it's a GOOD snapper

after a tough battle he gets it near and net him for Dad

we decide to head in after that and get back to the ramp an hour early , to avoid the rush

at the presentation , team ME AND DAD are called for second place

I'd like to say a big thanks to Dad for putting us onto a great spot

and we did a lot better than some very serious and well knowledged locals

all in all a top weekend , had Monday off but we were both too buggered to fish and headed back for Sydney

Very enjoyable report and an excellent bream result Robbie. The snapper your Dad caught topped the tournament right off for him mate. Bet it won't be long before your Dad becomes the night ace of Lugarno when you do a few sessions up there :thumbup:

Good work Robbie and keep taking your Dad along, he'll keep on finding the best fish that's for sure. All you have to do is catch your share, Dad will get the rest

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Is your Dad a member Robbie. It would be interesting reading about his experiences from over the years.

• 1 month later...