Pakula Dojo Peche Hybrids ?

Dezmo

Hi Guys,

Got sucked in by the newest marketing and bought a couple of the 140mm Hybrid Schooners in Evil Angel colour to give a run this weekend. Will probably troll one with the usual lures around the headlands of the harbour.

Seem to have good quality solid hooks and look tasty to me... Hopefully they go ok.

Anyway, has anybody tried these yet? Any luck?

Cheers

Hi Dezmo

We have a full lure roll of them and also the new skirted ones also i got them about 4 or 5 weeks ago before they came out :biggrin2: lucky me got them before most people and we tested them out we didnt get anything on them yet but the Hybrids in the Destroyers are great, we tried them at 14 to 15 knots and they didnt blow out once because Peter Pakula says they will run up to 20 knots i think i couldnt belive how much they stuck in the water and just keep working.

The new skirted lures are mad they have a great smoke trail and look great in the water the 12" Dojo Peche Mouse Evil Angel looks good for Blues this year we will see how it goes in a few weeks out wide.

cheers

craig

Hi Guys,

Got sucked in by the newest marketing and bought a couple of the 140mm Hybrid Schooners in Evil Angel colour to give a run this weekend. Will probably troll one with the usual lures around the headlands of the harbour.

Seem to have good quality solid hooks and look tasty to me... Hopefully they go ok.

Anyway, has anybody tried these yet? Any luck?

Cheers

I have run a 6.5 inch destroyer one one occassion for a couple of stripies, nothing to write home about. They look pretty good in the water. If you are going to run the skooners in conjunction with your skirts you might need to slow down your trolling speed to 5.5 or 6.5 knots, as when you push it up to 7-8knots they tend to blow out. Thats probably where the destroyers would be more useful than the skooners. I hear from Peter Pakula that Violetta will be one of the standout colours, might be worth a go.

Skirts look ok. If you compare them with the 'old' softease pakula the skirts are longer in the dojo range, which means you will probably get a more 'lazy' action from the lure.....time will tell. Personally I am sticking with the oldies for now until the new skirts prove themselves. I am sure they will but for me, if it aint broke dont fix it, the oldies are catching fish so I have no reason to change. Another thing is the single hook rig which is standard, personally I prefer double hook rigs (shackle rig at 60degrees) , however the dojo hooks seem to be razor sharp which helps A LOT more than people may think, considering they have to go through a marlins bill! Either way you can't go wrong with the softease or dojos.

Cheers,

Daniel

I have run a 6.5 inch destroyer one one occassion for a couple of stripies, nothing to write home about. They look pretty good in the water. If you are going to run the skooners in conjunction with your skirts you might need to slow down your trolling speed to 5.5 or 6.5 knots, as when you push it up to 7-8knots they tend to blow out. Thats probably where the destroyers would be more useful than the skooners. I hear from Peter Pakula that Violetta will be one of the standout colours, might be worth a go.

Skirts look ok. If you compare them with the 'old' softease pakula the skirts are longer in the dojo range, which means you will probably get a more 'lazy' action from the lure.....time will tell. Personally I am sticking with the oldies for now until the new skirts prove themselves. I am sure they will but for me, if it aint broke dont fix it, the oldies are catching fish so I have no reason to change. Another thing is the single hook rig which is standard, personally I prefer double hook rigs (shackle rig at 60degrees) , however the dojo hooks seem to be razor sharp which helps A LOT more than people may think, considering they have to go through a marlins bill! Either way you can't go wrong with the softease or dojos.

Cheers,

Daniel

Daniel my sentaments exactly...

i have no intention's of swapping at this point in time....untill i see the

fishing report's full of people singing there praises to that effect.... i am prepared to just stick

with a double hook rig..... set up

in conjunction with tested and proven bunch of lures that i presently have faith in....

however i was very interested in trialing the hooks...... but after haveing a good look at them i have since thought otherwise

the very tip of the hook just looks like it has a tendency to want to roll over a bit to far for my likeing

so i am going to stand back on that one as well...

i have no doubt that what is been marketed will sell well....

but at this point in time......i will pass on it

Cheers Warnie....

Agreed Warnie, hooks are very sharp, but they do have very long points in comparison to other hooks, which make them suspect to rolling over on a marlin's bill, not worth the risk for me. Sharp hooks are good, but when the point is too fine you start to run into problems such as the point rolling over. Peter himself has said that if you wish to fish 37 and 60kg tackle that you will need to change the hooks.

Cheers,

Daniel

thanks for the responses guys.

gave it a tow round sydney harbour and round the headlands outside for a while on sunday. Out of the 4 lures out, it was the only one not to get a fish. The skirt and two different size bibbed minnows (around the same size as the pakula) got around 3-8 tailor and big slimies each.

Agree with the fish that the action didnt look that great...

hey dezmo,

Ive bought a few and have given my 8 inch skooner in evil angel and 8 inch destroyer in violeta a full day each on the water and so far no luck. Although they do have great action in the water. being fair though both days have only boated one fish so were quiet days anyway. I found in the calm water i could get the skooner up to 7 knots as long as it wasn't on the corners. we have trolled the destroyer up to 13 knots in average water and wasn't out of the water any more than the skirts and was run in all positions bar the shotgun just to give it a test.... the action was certainly better close to the boat under slower speeds but if there were some toothy critters around im sure they would take a liking to it at a faster pace..... not sure how many hits it would take.... Ive also tried spinning and trolling the little guys in the 5.5 range but not for any length of time that would warrent posting an opinion! I hope they start catching some fish though as ive bought 3!!!!!

Hopefully some more raiders can share their experiences with the lures soon!!!!!!