Pretty Decent Harbour Kingie

the producer

Hi All

I have been a raider member for over a year but have not posted anything as yet ............ but i wanted to share this great pic of a nice kingie I got yesterday in the harbour.

I have been fishing the harbour for over twenty years and I have only pulled 5 over 10kg out of it.

I have caught plenty of big ones on Lord Howe but just a few in the harbour and they are always memorable catches.

Many of you will know me but for those that don't ....my name is Andrew and I am a devoted fisherman

and a big fan of livebaiting in Sydney harbour.

I wont say exactly where I caught it but I will say i have come across fish like this in all the regular kingfish haunts. And my best tip for those who want to hook and land big fish like this is to not fish with 10 or 15 other boats on a single spot but try other places in the same area.

Hope you all have fun on the water over summer.

& I hope to see you all out there one day.

Anyway here is the fish.........115cm (1150mm)

post-2029-1197887799_thumb.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

That is truly a Sydney Hoodlum, the fish i have been after for quite a while...my moby dick...

All i can say is very very well done

Any details on the tackle..eg...what outfit was it captured on....also how long was the battle

Hi All

I have been a raider member for over a year but have not posted anything as yet ............ but i wanted to share this great pic of a nice kingie I got yesterday in the harbour.

I have been fishing the harbour for over twenty years and I have only pulled 5 over 10kg out of it.

I have caught plenty of big ones on Lord Howe but just a few in the harbour and they are always memorable catches.

Many of you will know me but for those that don't ....my name is Andrew and I am a devoted fisherman

and a big fan of livebaiting in Sydney harbour.

I wont say exactly where I caught it but I will say i have come across fish like this in all the regular kingfish haunts. And my best tip for those who want to hook and land big fish like this is to not fish with 10 or 15 other boats on a single spot but try other places in the same area.

Hope you all have fun on the water over summer.

& I hope to see you all out there one day.

Anyway here is the fish.........115cm (1150mm)

post-2029-1197887799_thumb.jpg

Holy Mother of God Andrew!!!

Thats insane man

well done ,it must have been an amazing fight!

Jason

Andrew,

Great work, well done. What a great catch. From reading all the reports of kings caught in SH over the last 18 months or so we all had to assume that these guys are in there and here is the proof.

I was once told by an old pro fisherman that kingies school up from the day they hatch and remain in the same school until they are caught, eaten or die. Obviously the fish in each school are about the same size and as the fish get bigger the school gets smaller. This is apparently why large kings are often loners or in very small groups.

Has anybody else ever heard this fact or is it a bit of a myth?

Again, Andrew is the King. Fish of the month for December vote is decided for me unless someone can top that effort. That's if you enter it of course.