Pretty Decent Harbour Kingie

the producer

Its a shame a great fish like that get's put up by someone who wants to show us what he caught but wont tell

anyone nothing at all.

Its not that hard to tell a few people what sort of tackle & live bait it takes to land a solid fish like that.

Im sure they wont go out & take all the fish from your favourite spot!!

steve

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its a shame a great fish like that get's put up by someone who wants to show us what he caught but wont tell

anyone nothing at all.

Its not that hard to tell a few people what sort of tackle & live bait it takes to land a solid fish like that.

steve

Hey Nexus go easy on the new guy will ya...

He might not be online since he posted it, and there's no reason why he should tell everyone.

Edited by bmar560

anyone nothing at all.

steve

Can't be that hard to work out what to use guys (and girls), try 60-80lb mono or braid and the biggest damn live sqiud (or slimey) you can find and start fishing.

anyone nothing at all.

steve

maybe he just doesnt have the time to reply.

anyone nothing at all.

Double negative aside - this statement is incorrect. The producer gave a bloody wonderful tip to all the readers here when he advised us to fish slightly away from the crowds at the popular spots.

I stored that one in the memory vault for future sessions!

Edited by Mondo

There's pretty good land marks in the background of the pic. If your a harbour regular, which I'm not, it shouldn't be too hard to locate. As for how it was caught and on what I'd say it's up to the poster to disclose as much or as little as they see fit.

Edited by livo

Great catch Andrew, well done.

I virtually never post on these sites but enjoy reading them. There is always heaps to learn. Whilst it is great to share captures etc I cannot for the life of me work out why people need to report every last facet of their capture or why people MUST know. In a city of 4 million plus I reckon giving away locations, exact techniques and tackle/ bait is a great way to see good fisheries become ordinary ones............all for 15 seconds of fame.

Great catch Andrew, made all the better by the fact you did not turn the post into a step by step guide on catching 12kg plus Harbour Kings. You put in the time enough (I see you out there often). Considering these fish can be landed on 10kg or 40kg gear and they eat live squid and live fish the chances are that the gear and bait are irrelevant for the most part, we generally all know what kings like for bait.

Again, a lovely Harbour King :biggrin2:

Yes Justin... any regular harbour angler knows that his/her secrets are hard to maintain.

People are becoming increasingly aware of strategies used by other anglers.

In saying that, however, Andrew has clearly indicated that he fishes spots that aren't popular 'at any given time' which suggests to me that he has used a working theory... that is, to to catch the fish one must not be influenced by what other people do and to trust themselves.

But the tips are good and interesting to hear about too.

What a fish. I'm gonna est. it at 15kg!!!

Edited by plankton