Daily Trait's Or Ritual's

Hello all

With the season fast approaching and tackle preparation complete i was wondering if any of you like me

follow any superstitious trait's or uphold any daily ritual's to ensure the best of luck for the day....

The following are some we uphold on ungry through out the season...

No bananna's to be brought on board which includes it in your nestles youghart for example..

we donate and flick a dollar coin to Huey on the way out....

Who ever is on strike is not allowed to lay down or snooze..

Who ever uses sunscreen is not allowed to handle the lures before washing there hands in tuna oil..

Who ever releases a drag on a reel with the feeble attempt to make someone strain there neck, jump

up and smack there head, or fall off the chair makes the sandwiches for the day...

who ever shout's marlin !!!!!when a dolphin swim's by has to give themselves an uppercut...

And last but not least in tournament's we advocate......no undie sunday....

nothing to weird listed there.......does anyone have any of there own to add......

Cheers Warnie...

Hello all

With the season fast approaching and tackle preparation complete i was wondering if any of you like me

follow any superstitious trait's or uphold any daily ritual's to ensure the best of luck for the day....

The following are some we uphold on ungry through out the season...

No bananna's to be brought on board which includes it in your nestles youghart for example..

we donate and flick a dollar coin to Huey on the way out....

Who ever is on strike is not allowed to lay down or snooze..

Who ever uses sunscreen is not allowed to handle the lures before washing there hands in tuna oil..

Who ever releases a drag on a reel with the feeble attempt to make someone strain there neck, jump

up and smack there head, or fall off the chair makes the sandwiches for the day...

who ever shout's marlin !!!!!when a dolphin swim's by has to give themselves an uppercut...

And last but not least in tournament's we advocate......no undie sunday....

nothing to weird listed there.......does anyone have any of there own to add......

Cheers Warnie...

Warnie,

We have a couple on Broadbill one is our sign regarding bananas (See photo) and the other is a gold coin offering to Odin the Sea God This is rubbed by all the crew and cast to the sea for good luck... Does it

work....mmmmm sometimes

Others ...snooze and ya lose

The nick naming of observor to anyone who calls a dolphin (flat tail marlin) as a marlin.

Ross

post-2782-1197923887_thumb.jpg

Love the sign ross!!!!

We dont have any extras to add but the carrying of bananas is simply not tolerated.... which is a real shame cause i love them.... And id be lying if i said we hadnt tossed a few dollars over the side for huey!!!!!

Hey Warnie,

When I used to fish on Mungral in SGFC, on the run out to the shelf we did the gold coin offering as well as the"rub the buddah" which involved rubbing the biggest beer gut on the boat.

It was alway's Billy Wootons when he was on board! :074::074:

Later on when I had Tomahawk it was usually my beer gut they picked on. :beersmile:

The other ritual when drifting for sharks was putting the INXS kick tape on and turning it up full blast, usually got us a hookup! :biggrin2:

Cheer's Rod.

For some reason we are the odd ones out. We take bananas, jatz, sunscreen and aeroguard.

NO Bananas last Saturday and we only got 5 small fish between the three of us.

Not a good result although 2 flatheads were legal but released.

See you all at the Kingy social, we'll be the ones with the bananas.

no bananas not even banana boat sunscreen!#!$!@

we do the coin on the way back though. saying thanks for letting us come home....maybe thats why we dont catch any fish, thinks we are tight arses.

being hours between bites we go through a fair bit of music and have our routine.

when drifting for sharks or cubing. the first cd that goes on everytime is dueling banjos, it then gets repeated until we cant bear it anymore.

and out of the heads we usually have the star wars opening theme going

trolling we always start with some heavy metal or full on techno. get some bass moving to raise some fish!

whoever falls asleep first makes lunch!!!

oh and if its your first time out on the boat. you have to taste test the livies. with a small amount filleted and prepped as sashimi (it actually tastes very nice) so we arent cruel but ive had a few ppl freak out before.

TRUE STORY....

Answered a distress call to a boat that was in danger of sinking.... upon arriving on the the scene

The boat in question had sunk!!!!!!....(forgot to put the bung's in apperantly)

The only recoverable item's besides the three fellas treading water and hanging onto a esky lid

were a bunch of banana's marking the spot....

I made sure of well and truly chopping them up with the prop when leaving....

Warnie.....

One rule and one rule only here, don't be superstitious.........Its bad luck.

Used to be very pedantic about all the rituals but one year in Madang we fished the GFAPNG titles and cleaned up no less than 4 major prizes, after the presentations one of the crew pulls a whole bunch of bananas half rotten by then) out of his gear case just to prove the point.

A quick prayer before and after the trip never goes astray though.

Geoff

Edited by squizzytaylor

Pitchys lucky green undies hanging on the 130 in the game chair after a shower and a shave on the back deck seems to work on xo :074:

So by that nudge....

Sound's like Pitchy bends the......" No undie rule on sunday" to apply to every day of the week. :074:

Warnie.....

• 4 weeks later...

Never leave port without a bottle of rum. And Poseidon always has the first drink. If things are a bit slow, Moreton Bay Porridge all round usually works!

A hangover from the QLD years I spose...

Warnie,

We have a couple on Broadbill one is our sign regarding bananas (See photo) and the other is a gold coin offering to Odin the Sea God This is rubbed by all the crew and cast to the sea for good luck.

Funny you mention Odin, Ross. That was the name of my Father's Freya class Halvorsen Yacht, which he sailed in many syd-hob, Bris-Glad and all over the Pacific. Odin is the Norse god of ALL gods, and well worth a prayer!