Sign in to follow this  
arpie

Black Marlin Classic On Channel 10 Today

Hi guys

Saw this was on today & thought you may be interested

Roberta

I thought I'd taped it, but the other half had over-ridden it with something that started earlier!! Darn it!

Roberta

That was a good show,what an awesome place to fish at lizard island with some monster black marlin caught & released on very heavy chair 130lb tackle.Even the ladies got into a couple of big 800lb fish,

They captured some top footage on the 2007 lizard island black marlin classic too!

Thanks roberta for the info about it

being on channel 10 today.

steve

hi all! i missed this show but a mate flat out on his back in hospital said these people were getting new

records by backing the boat up to the fish and then using ten metre tag poles to hit the fish and claim

a record without even really seein the fish....what the!....is this true, or was me mate just full of

hospital juice ( BIG GALSTONES, poor bugger. )

..cheers!..stevo!..

hi all! i missed this show but a mate flat out on his back in hospital said these people were getting new

records by backing the boat up to the fish and then using ten metre tag poles to hit the fish and claim

a record without even really seein the fish....what the!....is this true, or was me mate just full of

hospital juice ( BIG GALSTONES, poor bugger. )

..cheers!..stevo!..

You cant claim a record if you tag a fish, it has to be weighed! From memory the tag poles they use are about 12ft, they prefer to get the fish in quick, tag it, and set the baits quickly, as fishing time there is far more limited (most boats dont set their baits until well after midday.)

Cheers,

Daniel