Outside Yesterday

yockman

Hi guys,

Headed out for a troll y'day in the brilliant conditions. Stopped off first at the Botany wide fad, saw one boat get a nice dolly.

Headed to the shelf, set lures and pointed the nose towards Browns. Picked up a few small stripeys on the way, could have caught any number; they were thick.

Got to Browns and it was so freakin calm! You Sydney guys get it good sometimes. Fish were quiet though so headed north. A coupla miles on, I was watching the lures, the water about 20 metres out to the side splits and a blue flash had that reel screaming. I thought it was a small marlin but an absolute stomper of a dolly started leaping.

Being as I was alone, I was pretty flat out clearing rods, taking pics, handling fish etc but here are a couple. The lure is a yock original. He was just short of 140cm, good dolly I think??

Apart from that, no other strikes, plenty of small whales out there though. i think they were minkies.

Cheers,

Yock

post-1311-1198880014_thumb.jpg

post-1311-1198880133_thumb.jpg

Edited by yockman

Yockman,

Great work, disappointed that I couldn't take up the invite. Nice dollie. Did the new outfit get a run??

As I said I promised to take the kids whiting fishing at Mainbar. Nice day, no fish - they enjoyed though.

I should be okay next time if you need a crew.

Cheers, Rabs

Thanks guys,

Yep it was a good workout. The speed this thing came in at, and the distance it was visible tearing across the surface are memories I'll keep for a long long time.

I enjoy fishing one up sometimes - it keeps you on your toes and hones your skills like nothing else. It's all about keeping calm, keeping things neat and doing things right. Not that the deck looks that neat here, the dolly got its tail up under the gunwale and knocked some wires loose.

Unfortunately Rabs it wasn't on the new outfit - would have been great if it was.

Will give it another go in a week or so. Saw elsewhere someone got a stripey y'day near the bait station in 24 degrees. Best i saw was 21.5

Cheers,

Yock

Well done mate on a nice mahi,good effort also to do it all on your own.

But would be a different story if a marlin did take that lure,they do

take lots of line very quickly & not as easy handling it all on your

own then.

Great day for you out there!

Well done mate on a nice mahi,good effort also to do it all on your own.

But would be a different story if a marlin did take that lure,they do

take lots of line very quickly & not as easy handling it all on your

own then.

Great day for you out there!

well done bet you felt alive after clearing the deck, keeping the boat tracking straight ,getting a gaff out that in my boat probably is tangled up in a livie hand line or a rope ,good stuff mate we fished yesterday and didnt turn a reel all day on the troll did see hundreds of dolpins too ,plenty of sauries as well on the way back in 60 fathoms

top effort single handed .arman

Hi guys,

Yep, I'd prefer to go with mates but it didn't work out that way this time. Things can and do go wrong, but that happenes driving your car alone too. Dunno how I'd go solo with a beakie, time will tell I guess. Have managed some decent tuna. hydraulic steering is the biggest godsend when you're singlehanded.

Think I saw a report or two on another forum of marlin about.

Yock

Edited by Pete to remove a banned word.