Giant Swells But A Few Marlin Seen

Ross Hunter

BIG SEAS AND FEW FISH

On Broadbill and Billfisher we have fished some 4 and 5 metre swells with 1.5 metre wind chop at the shelf for a visual of one to maybe two stripes per trip.

We have been teaser fishing and pitching dead slimeys ( not my favourite method but due to lack of bait schools out wide and also in the Bay) there has been no option.

The lack of any other species , dollies and tuna make the marlin the only target-able specie, but there is a lot of water mixed with them

Glenn on Billfisher has been raising stripes every trip but the Old Bloke has not seen one for two trips now.

The fish will be on better soon and that’s from the crystal ball……..let’s hope so!

There has been several raised on lures but all lost.

I vividly remember in 2003 doing 7 trips without a bite , that had me climbing up the wall, coming home kicking the dog then drinking 6 beers to keep sane.

To see switch and pitch methods you can click on this link www.gamefishingcharters.com.au My WebpageLook in Fishing Stories and Hints section of the site Keep scrolling down then click continue at the bottom of page

See a few pictues of days gone by They will come back soon, especially at Pt Stephens

post-2782-1199506631_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1199506773_thumb.jpg

I went up to Port to drop off the boat at my Parent's place. I did not even think about fishing in those conditions.

But I will be back soon and hopefully all will be well by the time I chase the beaky's with Stewy in my boat and Ross a little later on.

Here's hoping the weather is kind to us.