Any Luck Between Jb & Swr With The Nicer Weather

Guest jayse76

Guest jayse76

I've heard the water has improved since the swell has dropped but I've been stuck at work. Has anyone had a chance to hit the water inclose or outwide anywhere between JB & SWR?

cheers

I've heard the water has improved since the swell has dropped but I've been stuck at work. Has anyone had a chance to hit the water inclose or outwide anywhere between JB & SWR?

cheers

Hi Jayse...

Its sounding like there are a few starting to show there face around here by the sounds of things

but were i have just come from up north at s.w.rocks it was very dissapointing to say the least

after a week of surfing the big swells that was experianced up there and after when they finally had settled down we were subjected to the heavens opening with the end result in being the rivers spewing huge amounts of fresh

muddy water into the ocean....

This effectivaly shut down almost all forms of fishing and even having an effect to as far out to the shelf

were i can only guess this affected the fragile balance in the food chain as the normaly prolific bait

at present is non existent along with what ever may be wanting to feed on them...

and looks like it may need a further couple of weeks to recover

The good news is there is a hell of a lot of floating items that will hop on the e.a.current and should prove a

bonanza for those fishing for dollies that might likely reside with it....

for we are talking telegraph pole size items hopping a ride...

here are two pics taken back towards the bar when crossing back in on saturday gone.......for those who know the area hopefully to show the colour of the

water which is pushing substantially out wide...

Cheers Warnie...

post-4679-1200303298_thumb.jpg

post-4679-1200303330_thumb.jpg

Guest jayse76

thanks Warnie,

the pics give a great indication and things look very brown to say the least! I remember about 3 years ago I was at SWR when we had a massive flood and things looked very similar! did take about 3-4weeks for things to fire again!

The rivers always run brown a good week or two after a massive run up there! its amazing at how much area they drain!

Hopefully the water clears up over the next few weeks!

cheers

briff