I Will Eat My Hat

srushton

A long day yesterday without much to show for it except for a few reasonable flathead and plate sized snapper caught on the way in. That said I reckon we are about to have a brilliant game season or I will eat my hat.

Set off at about 5.45 am from the Heads and hit Browns around 8am. As soon as we arived we noticed a big show of birds about 1nm to the SE and headed over. The water was boiling with bait balls. Not one but I reckon about half a dozen perhaps 50 to 100 mtrs apart. They kept us busy for an hour or so until we landed yet another striped tuna and realised that they were the chasers but nothing was chasing them --yet.

Water temp was about 22.5 - 23 Decided to head for the Bait Station. Did not turn a reel on the way over so went in close off Palm Beach for a bottom fish before coming in. At Palmy we saw something I have never seen before. These pint sized slimeys about the size of a small pilchard. They were so thick that you could have scooped up a few kilos in a bucket. Again water temp was around 23.

My tip is that as soon as we get a few temperature breaks out wide it will be humming.

Good to see there is some bait around again. Last time we ventured wide we saw nothing other than dolphins and sunfish!!!! We havent seen a good flock of birds for a long time!

Would you care to enlighten me as to the bait station as ive heard alot of people mention it but never seen a gps mark for it or wether it is as the name suggests and actually does hold alot of bait on a regular basis, pm me if you like!!!!

Cheers

Craig!