Big Blue Marlin Caught Off Sydney Bbgfc Point Score 12-1-07

Hi all

well the weather wasn't that great it was all over the place and was blowing from the NE so we decided to head north and run with it coming home.

It was like being in a washing machine while we run up the coast, we headed about 3nm north of the Kink and then turned and set the lures into the water.

Was very quite most of the morning with a little bit of bait showing.

Then around 12pm i was looking at the short rigger and seen something flash past then again it did the same thing with all the waves i wasn't really sure but then BANG the rigger lets go and the reels starts screaming off at a rates of knots, Kosta pickups the rods while Mathew and myself clear the gear.

By now the reel has lost about 400m of line and still going.

After clearing all the gear and getting Kosta in a harness and ready to back up on the fish get some line back, the fish fought down deep the whole time not once coming up to the surface to jump, about 10min into the fight i called it for a Blue Marlin, another 30min later out of the depths came this large Blue Marlin the call went over the radio to find out if the capture of the first Marlin of the season had been taken and the answer was no so we tagged the fish first and then had a good look at the fish to guess it size and we called it for 120 - 130 KG.

So we gaffed the fish and dragged him onboard.

We shook hands and slapped each other backs and we all thought yes has to be at least 130kg.

The rest of the day was very quite without any more fish raised, so we headed for the home and the weigh station to get it weighed.

It was put on the scales and pulled the needle down to 160KG yep that is right 160KG and Kosta's first Blue Marlin what a great fish, it wasn't long but it was very fat.

cheers

Craig

post-2728-1200131580_thumb.jpg

post-2728-1200131646_thumb.jpg

Edited by Polynemus_sheridani

Well done boys very nice fish. I was also out there aboard NEMO we got a 62kg stripe marlin.

:thumbup:

Well done :thumbup: and congrats to your team aboard NEMO

Cheers Stewy