Striped Marlin At Last

Ross Hunter

BROADBILL and BILLFISHER get lucky on the billfish

My Grandfather told me when I was a child as we sat together in his rowing boat, fishing” Son good things come to those who wait !” Well! that happened yesterday when both Billfisher and Broadbill caught and released striped marlin.

It was a special thrill for both anglers that caught the big fish, as it was their first marlin experience

Both David Strom and Peter Watling battled their marlin with the skill of veterans, we were thrilled as a crew to be apart of the action and the excitement, it is what us skippers live for.

Rob “Soxy” Cox was at the helm in whilst Glenn had a day off on Sunday when a 60 kilo striped jumped on a soft plastic saurie in the gusty nor east conditions.

Line poured off the big Shimano as the fish leapt ever skyward, thrilling Billfisher’s crew time and time again.

Rob did a great job chasing the fish down in the rather sloppy conditions.

It is indeed encouraging that the bait schools have showed and with them are is a good percentage of marlin.

The Kink off Sydney is where the action has been.

Rob Soxy Cox photos

As always on our boats the 17 year tradition of releasing marlin was observed and the fish were released, unharmed and a lot wiser for the future.

Congratulations to our anglers on their fish.

post-2782-1200168670_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1200169159_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1200169312_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1200169417_thumb.jpg

Great stuff!! :thumbup:

Seems the stripeys are arriving now and well done to David & Peter on capturing their first

marlin.

60kg is a damned good fish in anyones book and in the sloppy conditions, even better.

That pennant pic shows just how untidy it must have been out there in the slop.

Bodes well for the season to see such fine captures.

Cheers,

Pete.

Thats the way lads ,get your skills honed for our trip and we should score a motza :biggrin2:

I spoke with Boofhead yesterday and we can wait to do battle with some of the big Striped Marlin off Port :tease:

Cheers Stewy.

Thats the way lads ,get your skills honed for our trip and we should score a motza :biggrin2:

I spoke with Boofhead yesterday and we can wait to do battle with some of the big Striped Marlin off Port :tease:

Cheers Stewy.

Sorry guys off topic. Whats happened to Boofhead. We missed his creative writing.