First Marlin

fieladave

first marlin of the season for indian summer! yesterday on newcastle canyons we released a est 80kg stripey on 24kg standup fish took a black purple lure on the long rigger in 80 fth's. Shit conditions all day long but the fish are out and about . ps saw a couple of 6m trailer boats out wide , it was blowin 25knots nor east and the sea was a sort sharp 2 to 3m , must have been bloody uncomfortable day for them!

post-6389-1200278105_thumb.jpg

well done mate.

nice fish. looks very skinny though! with all that bait around it should be packin on the kgs!

i was out in one of those 6m boats and it wasnt particulary comfy! i kept spilling my mango daquiri :1prop:

we went 1-1-0 after the short corner got eaten the fish decided to look at the long rigger and the lines touched and say goodbye. thats what we get for running 8kg i guess!

hopefully theres alot more to come!

Col

Edited by djmac

well done mate.

nice fish. looks very skinny though! with all that bait around it should be packin on the kgs!

i was out in one of those 6m boats and it wasnt particulary comfy! i kept spilling my mango daquiri :1prop:

we went 1-1-0 after the short corner got eaten the fish decided to look at the long rigger and the lines touched and say goodbye. thats what we get for running 8kg i guess!

hopefully theres alot more to come!

Col

Well done boys a good effort on that windy day We are heading north on Friday, so leave acouple for us.

We have 130 days to look forward to on Billfisher and Broady so we should have an encounter or two. Well done on tagging and releasing See you guys out there

Roscoe