Aerial Install Vhf

Wetpatch

After installing the Radio next job the tank Aerial for the boat The biggest disappointed was most brands Gme and also the Navman brand didn't give the option of the main pole being removed So I ended up using this type

The one thing I have found is the more holes you drill the more paint corrosion problems occur under brackets

So after I drill the holes I Then hand touch up the inside of the holes with paint I also use Sicoflex under the brackets and this has stopped all my paint problems

100_1071Medium.jpg

100_1069Medium.jpg

Very nice job on the sealant

very nice job

i am having a few issues with mine as brass get a little corrosion on where the aerial swivels.Jusy a spray every so often sorts that out.but the knob is to small on mine.

good choice of aerial mount.

The one thing I have found is the more holes you drill the more paint corrosion problems occur under brackets

So after I drill the holes I Then hand touch up the inside of the holes with paint I also use Sicoflex under the brackets and this has stopped all my paint problems

G'day Wetpatch

I had the old paint corrosion problems on my old tinnie as well.

Now with my new boat, like you, I put Sikaflex on just about everything I attach to it.

cheers :beersmile:

Hooky