You Would Have To Be Desperate For A Fishing Buddy`

ShrekNet

Hi All,

Would someone out there be prepared to show me the fishing basics, have rod, can tie knots, used to be taken out with the old man when I was younger (so no girlie freaking out, etc)

Wanting to get back into it - but have no boat and no girlfriends or bloke mates with any inclination to fish (yes idiots I know)....

So anyone going out in PITTWATER area and have a spot and time to show me a few tips would be greatly appreciated

:-)

:1welcomeani: Shreknet. First of all a very big welcome to Fishraider. It's great to hear from a lady member in this forum. I see that this is your very first post and you sound like a young lady very keen to learn more about fishing and full marks to you for that !! :thumbup:

That is a very sincere first post and you've certainly come to the best place to learn everything there is to know about being successfull in the relaxing and enjoyable sport of fishing :thumbup:

No problem for me to take you along as one of the deckie/helpers for two tide day sessions fishing for jewfish on the Hawkesbury and of course the bi-catch that comes along with that.

I suppose we should start you off with catching live bait and bait presentations plus making the coffees and using a little portable gas barbecue. How does that sound?

Your not a sumo wrestler type are you ? :D You might need a bit of strength to bring in a kingfish though so we might start off trolling for them just around into Pittwater which is opposite my usual bait grounds which are on the Box Head side.

We will get you right into catching big fish don't worry about that. You can be gaff girl and camera girl too.

Send me a pm and let's know all about yourself.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

Hi All,

Young (OK early 30's) lady wanting to know the fishing basics, have rod, can tie knots, used to be taken out with the old man when I was younger (so no girlie freaking out, etc)

Wanting to get back into it - but have no boat and no girlfriends or bloke mates with any inclination to fish (yes idiots I know)....

So anyone going out in PITTWATER area and have a spot and time to show me a few tips would be greatly appreciated

Hi ShrekNet ,

Welcome to FR , we will be fishing the Harbour on Saturday , but could possibly head on up to Pittwater on Sunday . Only too happy to share what small knowledge that have , I mainly fish Bait , #1 Son ( decky) is a plastics fanatic ! Could be a big learning day :thumbup: Drop me a PM if interested !

Ross

All organised Lisa , should be a good day !

Ross

My God Lisa,

No-one goes out with Flightmanager after just 1 post :wacko:

Cheers and nice knowing you,

Stumpy :biggrin2:

My God Lisa,

No-one goes out with Flightmanager after just 1 post :wacko:

Cheers and nice knowing you,

Stumpy :biggrin2:

Mind you, If you went out with Jewgaffer, you would have come home with industrial deafness :1prop:

Cheers, and good luck :thumbup:

Edited by stumpy

:1welcomeani: to fishraider and may the force be with you when you go out Flightmanager and Paris. Terrible company that will either have you hurting in the sides from laughter or wishing you had another set of arms because they hurt so much from all the fish you catch. :fisher: What a terrible way to spend the day.

MGibbo and I go out fishing on the Hawksberry on week days if you would like to join us. We would be more than happy to arrange a day out with you. Three ladies on the water, way to go. No need to make us coffee or be be the gaff woman as we all help each other. Unlike jewgaffer who obviously just want a woman to look after him for the day :074:

You have joined the right team of fisho's to learn from and enjoy your time out on and off the water. The people on hear are truelly a great bunch and as you can see we all like to have fun and enjoy a fish. Keep an eye out for social activities and nights where you can learn about anything from the latest navigational system to the basics of fishing. You will be welcomed and learn something from these night.

By the way, when there is a sale night on at one of the sponsors shops, it's not just shopping, but meeting the rest of the raiders. Great night to swap stories and of course grab a bargain.

Welcome and PM me when you get a free day. Otherwise Stumpy is always looking for a fishing co. on the boat. I would love another woman to show him up like his daughter, Jess (stumpette) did. See King Fish At North Head.

ROSS look after LISA. And make sure the curry isn't to hot if you take it with you. :fart:

JO

:1welcomeani: to fishraider and may the force be with you when you go out Flightmanager and Paris. Terrible company that will either have you hurting in the sides from laughter or wishing you had another set of arms because they hurt so much from all the fish you catch. :fisher: What a terrible way to spend the day.

MGibbo and I go out fishing on the Hawksberry on week days if you would like to join us. We would be more than happy to arrange a day out with you. Three ladies on the water, way to go. No need to make us coffee or be be the gaff woman as we all help each other. Unlike jewgaffer who obviously just want a woman to look after him for the day :074:

You have joined the right team of fisho's to learn from and enjoy your time out on and off the water. The people on hear are truelly a great bunch and as you can see we all like to have fun and enjoy a fish. Keep an eye out for social activities and nights where you can learn about anything from the latest navigational system to the basics of fishing. You will be welcomed and learn something from these night.

By the way, when there is a sale night on at one of the sponsors shops, it's not just shopping, but meeting the rest of the raiders. Great night to swap stories and of course grab a bargain.

Welcome and PM me when you get a free day. Otherwise Stumpy is always looking for a fishing co. on the boat. I would love another woman to show him up like his daughter, Jess (stumpette) did. See King Fish At North Head.

ROSS look after LISA. And make sure the curry isn't to hot if you take it with you. :fart:

JO

Thanks JO - Of course would never say no to be taken out and it would be great to meet some of the other ladies...

So please message me whenever you feel like a day out during the week -

Fridays are always my best day to chuck a sickie from work :puke:

Jo , I promise I will be good !!

Lisa , dont believe half of what these people say about me , it simply not true. :1badmood: The reality is I am much worse !! :074:

Looking forward to a great days fishing on Sunday!

Ross

SO AM I - so looking forward to it...

Hmm where can I get a good takeaway coffee at 5AM....

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Would someone out there be prepared to show me the fishing basics, have rod, can tie knots, used to be taken out with the old man when I was younger (so no girlie freaking out, etc)

Hi, I have the week march 10-15th off work if you need a spot on boat. I will be chasing kingfish in the harbour and pittwater - send me a PM if you are interested.

Cheers

Steve.