My Mates First Game Fishing Trip "shellharbour"

Lewis

G,day Raiders.

Just thought I would share this with you all, as I know you all like to see pickies of other peoples catches.

My good mate Ris "aka Lippy" went out on his first game fishing expedition on Saturday 26the Australia Day after getting a late offer to join a crew out of Shellharbour, with members of the Shellharbour Game Fishing Club on the boat "Anticipation"

The boys headed out early Saturday as one does when going to do a bit of game fishing, stopped off at the bait grounds to pick up some slimies and yakkas for bait and while doing so they started therir day off quite well as when catching the live bait the schools were quickly smashed by a large school of rat kings to 75cm which they entertained for around 45 minutes. With bait tanks full they headed east with the intention of going to the shelf to chase the first Marlin of the season for the club, but on the way they came across a large bait ball approximately half way there, so the laid out a spread of lures, and it wasnt long before the lures grabbed the attention of a sizeable striped marlin. The boys hook up, and after three huge runs and half an hour the boys tag and release the clubs first marlin of the season.

After trolling around for another hour whith no more interest and no reports of any further action the boys opt to turn and head for the Kiama fad, when on the way to the fad they come across two lobster traps that have come adrift and set down another spread to see if there were any dollies hanging around. Well it didnt take long again and they wre onto a very nice stud dollie that was to go 13.1kg, anothe at 10, and then Ric was put on strike and managed to pop his cherry on a very nice cow dollie that went 7.5kg.

Well done boys, congratulations to my freind Ric what a day out on the water.

Hope you all enjoy the pics, cheers, Lew.

post-1163-1201425469_thumb.jpg

post-1163-1201425506_thumb.jpg

post-1163-1201425531_thumb.jpg

Ric with his first Dollie.

post-1163-1201425556_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lewis