Please Help Me With My Outboard Problem

kingfishercam

Gday everyone , I am having trouble with my 1997 model 15h.p outboard.Even though its 10 yrs old it looks brand new as i look after it like a baby.

The water pressure coming out the water cooling spout has dropped in pressure conciderly in the past few weekes so i changed the impeller which was due to be done,gave everything a clean,the spout a blow out and put it back together to find no real change.When i run the motor at a descent pace the flow is great and the temperature coming out is good (luke warm),but as soon as i drop back to idle the pressure minimised to a weak dribble and then often stops totally.(in idle the small amount dribbling out is VERY HOT aswell).

If anyone could suggest anything to me i would be grateful as she is a beautiful reliable motor and i dont want to wreck it. Cheers and thanks again.cam.

• 2 weeks later...

You may have picked up some sand, and you will need to clean out the suction area near the prop.

If the tale indicator is showing no water but the rear of the outboard has a lot of flow you may need to push a wire through the tale indicator to unblock it ..

good luck

MR RB>

Gday everyone , I am having trouble with my 1997 model 15h.p outboard.Even though its 10 yrs old it looks brand new as i look after it like a baby.

The water pressure coming out the water cooling spout has dropped in pressure conciderly in the past few weekes so i changed the impeller which was due to be done,gave everything a clean,the spout a blow out and put it back together to find no real change.When i run the motor at a descent pace the flow is great and the temperature coming out is good (luke warm),but as soon as i drop back to idle the pressure minimised to a weak dribble and then often stops totally.(in idle the small amount dribbling out is VERY HOT aswell).

If anyone could suggest anything to me i would be grateful as she is a beautiful reliable motor and i dont want to wreck it. Cheers and thanks again.cam.