Food While On The Boat

fisherboy

• 3 weeks later...

Mate put the oven in his Hardtop all wired in  - its been hot pies outside this year and he reckons he can cook a roast in it (might leave that till trolling for marlin).

I use the single burner in the boat especially up the snowies to boil the billy & cook lunch such as trout etc. I keep up the front  it away from the fuel etc. Have moved to the product from auto stores etc with the larger burner that comes with the bigger non stick deep sided pan & lid to keep grease out of the boat. It works really well. BUT hot pies are hard to beat!!

• 11 months later...
15 hours ago, AdamA said:

Yep Somerville metal works has the solution for that:
https://somervillemetalworks.com.au/insulated-door-oven-latch-kits/

and a few other accessories to boot

Again its items like this that you have to buy for the travel buddy that come standard on other brands, same goes for the merit plug having to be changed to an Anderson plug on most occasions

I just bought a Kickass for $50 less than the travel buddy, already has an insulated door, door latch, Anderson plug as standard(fused) & Anderson to merit plug adapter.

Travel buddy would be losing less sales to other brands if they actually took notice of what potential customers had to say about their product & made the improvements needed at no extra cost!

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 2

On 2/16/2008 at 11:30 PM, fisherboy said:

Following the recent cool and wet weather I decided to consider what else we could eat either for a Warm up lunch or a simple dinner. Please note sandwiches were never considered an option. I have nothing against a sanga on a hot day or when a simplefeed is needed but its not dinner when staying overnight.

So this topic is dedicated to serving something different that can be served on a Tinny or Half Cabin without a BBQ mounted on the rear deck.

We have all used the single burner gas cooker that you can purchase just about anyware for less than $20 but with flames, waves I looked for alturnates. We found in Dick Smith a 12 Volt Cooker, looks more like a small lunch box but gets real hot.

Meat Pies

Put them in and plug it in

Rotate them top to bottom if multi layers to ensyre even heating after 15 Mins

Result: After about 40 Mins a very hot Pie a bit like using a microwave

Bacon and Egg Muffins

Muffins, Bacon Egg and Cheese (Like Mackas)

at home, cook egg and bacon and let cool

When cool make the muffins and wrap in Grease proof Paper

Place in the 12v Oven for 30 mins

Result: Brilliant

Hot Cross Buns

Line 12v oven with Grease proof paper and put them in for 20 min.

Result: Brilliant with Butter

Any other thoughts would be appreciated

David (AKA Fisherdad) :beersmile:

didnt know that they made something like this stove , thanks for sharing 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/11/2021 at 5:08 PM, kingie chaser said:

Again its items like this that you have to buy for the travel buddy that come standard on other brands, same goes for the merit plug having to be changed to an Anderson plug on most occasions

I just bought a Kickass for $50 less than the travel buddy, already has an insulated door, door latch, Anderson plug as standard(fused) & Anderson to merit plug adapter.

Travel buddy would be losing less sales to other brands if they actually took notice of what potential customers had to say about their product & made the improvements needed at no extra cost!

Agreed, Though Hand made Australian Vs Chinese Factory made could be weight into this somewhere also.