Official Report From The Kingy Social

Well what a turn out from Fishraiders with well over 100 participants trying to catch the big one from the harbour :yahoo:

The day started off fabulously for us with Donna and myself meeting up with Johnno ,Mitch and Andrew at the ungodly hour of 5 am at Clifton Gardens.

Everything was made ready for the Fishraiders to get into the 2008 Kingfish Social.

We worked like a well oiled machine and as the first of many hit the beach the registrations started in earnest with all member getting a good feed of bacon and eggs courtesy of the 3 wonderful chefs.

Big thanks to Mako, Boban and Johnno for preparing everything in first class order.

Donna was flat chat with the regos and I was buttering the rolls and bread with gusto.

The weather was in our favour and it looked great for a top day out on the briny. With everyone fed and registerd steady reports of hook ups started to flow in :yahoo:

The kings were hungry and there were some nice fish amongst them.

Many Kings were brought to the "measure of success" our new bragging mat and some were indeed first time Kingfish captors.

The big news was that Penguin and his crew and the new gold member Stumpy and his crew were getting the strikes.

First to hit the beach with a fish for the master measurer was Miller and Mrtj2u with two very nice healthy specimens and this was to set the tone for the next 5 or 6 hours as Raider after Raider rang the "hey I have got one" bell.

Most pleasing were the young guns of our site firing up with some great captures, Brett #1 Son came home with a personal PB and winning fish of 78 cms, just pipping Vince (VA911) with his 77 cm fish.

One notable capture was made by Cam aboard the Stumpy flagship that went 68 cm and Cams first ever Kingfish :thumbup: He is just a little tacker atm but showed some of his big brothers just how its done. Cam received the Junior award sponsored by GoFish Dural of a nice light spin combo.

Another great catch was taken by another one of our young guys, Luke fishing with Go Fish Pete and hauling in a 66 cm Kingy and his first as well. Luke received a Fishraider measuring mat and a fishraider hat.

Dandas also scored his very first Kingy as did Brad (Fishing+Guitar = Heaven) well done lads.

The comaradery from all the Fishraiders is something to behold and many new friends were made on this glorious day at Clifton Gardens.

We met a heap of nice locals down there as well and if you are reading this we hope to see you on the forums in the near future.

I cannot thank the members who contributed to the social enough, names that come to hand are fishguts (Steve) Penguin (John), Johnno, Mako, Boban, Stumpy, Delta, Boofhead, slinkymalinky, shadda, swissfisho, mrsswordfisherman and chille.

To GoFish Pete from Dural and Tony Davis of Fishfinder Bait and tackle thank you for supporting our Social once again and I know the winners can't wait to spend up large in your well stocked stores.

Your efforts made this a great Social for everyone to enjoy and I know there a few I have missed and I apologise, but from me to you thanks a bunch.

All Fishraiders handled themselves well and we did not leave one piece of litter and I congratulate every single one of you.

Those people that put in the hard yards for the Site are much appreciated by all the attendees.

Even when some of the members boats were well up the beach as the tide receeded,all members lent a hand as one and re-launched several boats back to deeper water :yahoo:

These are some of the great captures and images of the 2008 Kingy Social......

post-256-1203846469_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203846492_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203846509_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203846529_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203846553_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203846570_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203846589_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203846607_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203846626_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203846644_thumb.jpg

More pics of the winners and grinners :biggrin2:

post-256-1203846783_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203846798_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203846809_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203846827_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203846845_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203846942_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203846955_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203846968_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203846982_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203846998_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847075_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847091_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847105_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847157_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847171_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847246_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847262_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847284_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847301_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847348_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847421_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847445_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847463_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847481_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847502_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847520_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847537_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847601_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847618_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847638_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847660_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847679_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847696_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847712_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847803_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847822_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847840_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847858_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847874_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847899_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847943_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203847966_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203848063_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203848081_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203848098_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203848120_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203848140_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203848158_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203848177_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203848199_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203848219_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203848240_thumb.jpg

The first place getter was Brett with a 78 cm Kingy, congratulations mate and you will recieve a $100 gift voucher courtesy of Pete from GoFish at Dural.

post-256-1203848343_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203848361_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203848383_thumb.jpg

Second place went to VA911 with a 77cm Kingy and you will receive a $75 gift voucher courtesy of Tony at Fishfinder bait and Tackle, well done.

post-256-1203848414_thumb.jpg

post-256-1203848445_thumb.jpg

Congratulations to everyone who attended and Administration thanks every single one of you for your efforts today.

Regards Donna and Stewy

g'day raiders talk about a top day

started off a bit slow but with a few position changes by our spectacular captain stumpy ended up turning the goods and about 20 secs before we found the gun kingy spot we told boofhead thiers nothing around here and off he went in the opposite direction bett you he's kicking himself now.

Also a day of firsts and PB's with cambo on his first ever king a new Pb for me at 71cm than another PB at 78cm :yahoo::yahoo:

And now for the thank yous:

To stewy and donna another spectacular social but no less was expected

To the boys on the barby without you guys we all would have dropped into the water when the hunger got to much.

A big thank you to the members for showing up without you it would have 3 blokes in a boat fishing and not the great social that it was.

And the biggest to mr murray bolan aka stumpy who took me out on his boat lent me the gear put me in the right spot and netted the winning fish, pre made rigs for when i got snagged someone get that man a beer.

Also Thanks to gofish pete for the winnings look forward to spending it.

so all in all a bloody top day on the water got a bit choppy in the end but that just makes it more fun, and i didnt hear but was wondering how little slinky went on the kings?

Brett

Thanks Stewie and Donna for organising a fantastic day.

Many many thanks also to all the others who helped make it all happen and to Go Fish Pete and Tony Fishraider for the support.

If the number of smiling faces is the measure of success.... yesterday was legendary!

And the bacon and egg sandwiches really were the best I've ever tasted... if the 'kitchen' Raiders ever go into business, Macca's will go broke.

Cheers, Slinky

Have to agree with you there Slinky , the boys did a magnificent job on the BBQ , it was quite a novelty to be standing on the other side , and being fed !!

Mrs Flightmanager and I had a great weekend , Cath once again outfished me , bringing home 4 nice bream , a trev and a flatty!! Our poor freezer is groaning , between her and #1Son , ( 2 kings) we will be eating quite a bit of fish in the days to come!!

Great to see such a good turnout of Raiders yesterday , Im so sorry I was unable to stay for the full day , but thoroughly enjoyed the fishing and catching up with some old friends ( and meeting some new ones!) .

Congratulations to all the winners , it was great to see so many of the target species being caught!

Thanks also to Stumpy , for having Brett as his decky on Day Release , and for giving Cath a bed for the night on Saturday !!

Well done to Stewy and Donna , and all who helped bring this social together , especiallly Andrew ( Mako) who picked up the BBQ from my place , and dropped it back again afterwards !!

See you all at the next one !! :thumbup:

Ross

Slinky.. I reckon your on to something. Hummm reckon a bbq Bow mount with a side console expresso machine would be a killer set up and would be flat out on weekends.. just a bit hard to sell to others whilst downrigging straight past them and the sight of blood all over the boat may turn them off a little....

Once again thanks to all the guys and gals of this site for putting on such a great day. Thanks to the sponsors for also supporting a great day.

Slinky.. I reckon your on to something. Hummm reckon a bbq Bow mount with a side console expresso machine would be a killer set up and would be flat out on weekends.. just a bit hard to sell to others whilst downrigging straight past them and the sight of blood all over the boat may turn them off a little....

Once again thanks to all the guys and gals of this site for putting on such a great day. Thanks to the sponsors for also supporting a great day.

Maybe we could put in a bid for the old Rose Bay floating Restaurant? :074::074::074: We would definately have the numbers to fill it !!

Ross

hi all! went straight into middle harbour to find spot x, but found spot zed instead!

one big blue swimmer, a 28 snapper :ranting2: and a good jacket, lost a swag of anchor rope and my

big chain days before social, so i could not hold in the harbour main with the swell and wind...but

still a great day on a fantastic bit of water!

chefs did you right ROSS with a great feed, so thanks all for the input and thanks to my mate rick

and his son bon for helping me with the drinks, swordies and johnno for a great chat and pushing me

off the beach AGAIN!.....cya's next time..

..cheers!..stevo!..

Yes it was a fabulous day. The weather was kind.

We had 110 persons register and 18 did not turn up. We had several members of the public come over and speak to us and were interested in joining fishraider with their families.

These events are primarily for members to meet and put a face to the name. They are very social and as another member mentioned no-one takes themselves too seriously. Prizes are offered by our generous sponsors but we fish for fun and enjoyment.

It was nice to watch members mingle and have fun yesterday. Boban had his laptop and groups of members were enthralled to watch a video of his wife catching her first marlin. Just fishos hanging out and enjoying the company really :biggrin2:

The kids really enjoyed being a part of it all - they outfished the adults :thumbup:

A couple of boats needed assistance and a call for help saw fishraiders to the rescue as you see in the pics above.

The sight of the QE2 and Queen Victoria massive super liners pass by us was just amazing. We are very lucky here to have such a beautiful harbour to enjoy.

Congrats to all who attended - you made the day pleasant for everyone else. Well done to those that caught fish - you are all winners!!

To Brett, Cam, Luke and Vince we hope you enjoy your prizes. Thanks Tony and Pete for making their day just that extra bit special.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

PS I just noticed the super liner in the back of one of the group shots :)

Once again it looks like a great day had by all,I still havnt been able to attend my 1st social yet!! :(

and am not sure when i will due to my boy playing rep soccer,which is played on a sunday.

I will just have to be happy reading about how good it was.

Congratulations to everyone who had success :thumbup:

And a big well done to all who made the day possible :1clap::1clap:

Stephen

:1fishing1:

Wow, what a weekend! And, may I say, what a funny one it turned out to be.

With all the hype of the new mixed team "Upyagodayrelease" heading up Sat arvo for a livey hunt and a camp on "Dayrelease", we soon met up with Flightmanager and Mrs Flightmanager on "Upyago" They kindly said that they would change their name from Team Upyago to Team Flightmanager for the day ! We tied up for the night and the party began! Then later that night, Cath spyed the toilet and bed in "Dayrelease" and quickly jumped ship from "Upyago" Paris got evicted from his bed, Cam had the nose of the boat, and I topped and tailed with him! Ross had Upyago to himself! So did this mean that we were "Flightmanagerindayreleaseoutyougoparis" or "Cathupandgonetodayrelease" hehhe(my head hurts) :wacko:

So to cut a long report short, heading off to chase kingies around started off very slow. To be honest, all we did was watch Penguin and his buddies hook up consistently without our livies getting looked at. There is never a surface to ship missile on board when you need one. Doing the Captain thingy, I then ordered the crew to lift baits and I would find our own secret spot! Wow, I certainly found it................ not even the fish new where it was! Next move, out to North Head where Jess caught her first Kingy a few weeks ago. We saw a few Raiders Cruise by but all we did was exchange desperate looks and they kept trawling as we dropped anchor. :mad3:

Then, as if the Gods smiled upon us (I dont wish to gloat-yet) Our prawn rod got taken for a run. Now I grabbed the rod and gave the kingy a good hit to seat the hook and gave Cam a yell.With great gusto Cam went to grab the rod and cut loose with a ripper of a swear word. Well done Cam........quick lesson......there are those that Can swear, and those that CANT. Cam, you CANT. :thumbdown: So, Dad pulled that fish in ! Anyway, 30 minutes later saw all of us catch Kingies and Paris shone with 2 PB's and the major prize! Cam too, hauled in a ripper to win the Jnr prize (Once out of the sin bin)

Sorry, where was I ? (Just had Ross Hunter on the phone asking for a few pointers-again!) :1prop:

Now, thats it for the report, but more importantly another take on a "Raiders Day Out"

1. Arrive at Clifton at 5.00am to see the lads cooking and prepping for us other Raiders to enjoy ourselves.

2. Went out for the morning with full stomachs to watch and listen to all us Raiders having a go. Raiders on the radio updating locations.

3. Landed back at Clifton to eat more food, got beached as usual, approx 20 Raiders stopped their chatting to help me get the flamin boat out into the deep.

4. Finally parked in the middle of the bay and swam in. Once my heart started to beat again, Raiders run down and point to a cruiser(big one) dragging anchor and threatening my boat. :1yikes: Without a second thought, 1 Raider in the drink swimming out to rescue my boat! + me for the second time! CFD weighs anchor and gets "Day Release" out of harms way whilst I sort out owner of other boat. :ranting2:

(1 Rapala outrigger destroyed)

5. Cam , me , and Esky of Kingies gets lift out to my boat at end of day by Raider.

6. Arrive at Roseville ramp with ten billion others to find that me and Cam were in for a long wait. Another raider boat kindly takes my keys and brings my car down and helps me and Cam load up.

You Raiders know who you are, a very special thanks to you all! You helped make a very important Father-Son day a whole heap better. :thumbup:

post-2682-1203895640_thumb.jpg

Cam and Paris working together on a big one!

post-2682-1203895770_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the help Paris

post-2682-1203895942_thumb.jpg

You got it, first King gets you blooded!

I will up load your pics tonight Paris! My Camera just died!

Cheers,

Stumpy :biggrin2:

Edited by stumpy

Sounds like everyone had an excellent day. Many thanks to all who help get day relaese back in the water, saved from a drifting ship and back on to the trailer. It always makes my day when I know my men are with the Raiders. Hopefully us girls will be back in order to fish soon.

Hi Mrs Stumpy,

Thanks for letting Stumpy come out to play for the day. I enjoyed meeting him and he and Cam both took the time to say g'day to Little Slinky which helped make her feel part of the big pre-dawn crowd at Clifton. She too had a great day and I feel really great as a dad that I can include her knowing how welcoming, friendly and helpful the Raiders are.

Cheers, Slinky

Great day out, it was nice to meet some of the raiders. Shame about spot X and for that matter, y,z and every other spot in the harbour. Had plenty of fresh squid and Yakka's, but no result.

Congrats to the succesful Raiders. Spent a nice hour or so with Stumpy floating around Roseville ramp waiting to get the boats out. Was surprised not to see any ramp rage considering the delays and the couple who decided to pull their 5m Quinnie up on the ramp and leave it there for about 1/2 an hour while they waited for their trailer.

Thanks again Slinky and Little Slinky for an enjoyable (but fishless) day out.

Was great to see Stumpy's young fella get into it. Was talking to Slinky and wondering if there was any chance of a junior fisho's record section on the site, say under 16. We would have our first entry right there.

Cheers

Brett

What a top day, even though we ended up fishless on the day...not for the lack of trying

let me telll you!

Congratulations to Brett and Cam and the other winners on the day. :thumbup::thumbup:

The good ship Day Release became THE boat of the social in more ways than one. Two winners from the same boat.

Kingy and I started at 2:30am and went looking for squid..2 hours for not a touch..Off to Balmoral for yakkas and got plenty.

Registered and snaffled down a b&e sandwich..Yummmmo..Just what's needed at 6:30am.

Thanks to the guys on BBQ watch all day. :thumbup:

We downrigged and trolled & bottom bashed a lot of likely locations in the harbour for bugger all, using all kinds of baits..yakkas,dead squid, squid strips,big prawns and fresh garfish for zippo.

Saw some though..following up a garfish pinned through the mouth like a yakka with a treble stinger in it's anus. :1yikes: . They were on the surface right next to the boat and would nuzzle the gar and occasionally nip the tail but would NOT take the bait whole.

They ignored live yakkas and squid strips/heads and played with the gars. Very frustrating but at the same time, fascinating to watch those 3 kilo + bullets zip around like a poddy mullet spooked in a school. Very cool to watch.

Better luck next year.

Cheers,

Pete.

Well what can i say it was a brilliant social, i had not been to one in a while and amost forgot how bloody good they are. Of the four on our boat i was the onyl one to catch one and managed to pop my kingy cherry at 66cm :D so im absolutely stoked with that. Like to say thanks to Stewy Donna and to all others for organising a top event was great to put names to faces specially you johnno we had a good chat. To ross and brett i had no idea you guys were attending i would have liked to say g'day and catcha up but i spose there is always next socail. See everyone at the entrance!!

Cheers,

Brad