Official Report From The Kingy Social

started off a bit slow but with a few position changes by our spectacular captain stumpy ended up turning the goods and about 20 secs before we found the gun kingy spot we told boofhead thiers nothing around here and off he went in the opposite direction bett you he's kicking himself now.

Brett

It wasn't that we didn't know they were there mate. I just figured we'd give you a crack at them, after all you did have to put up with Stumpy all day, it was the least I could do :1prop:

Seriously, congrats Brett & Cam & Stumpy. Great effort to ya's & well done. We actually saw you hook up after we trolled past, I tried to take some pics but this hayseeds sea legs are best decribed as toothpicks under a pumpkin after the rather late nite session we had at anchour in the bay of roses.

We started the day dropping in to register & met Johnno & Mako for the first time (Nice to met ya fellas) also caught up with the motley marlin crew again. That video was very cool Boban. Stewie & Donna were doing a great job as usual & after grabbing a quick B&E roll we headed for livies which we couldn't get for love nor money on saturday arvo / nite. The morning was a different story & having only ever caught livies earlier this month for the first time it was still a great buzz.

So armed with a tank load we headed for the heads & tried my new downriggers. They worked a treat, the Kingies didn't think so though & we trolled from north head to feckin' everywhere for nothin'. Tried anchouring up & letting the livies loose for a few hours too but still not a touch. We could see predators around lots of bait but never once looked like getting a hit. I guess I'll have too wait awhile till my first.

The highlight of the day fishing wise was getting into a school of very large slimies & Yakkas just around the corner from Clifton. We had a blast bringing in some massive slimies on light gear & there was more than a few funny moments unhooking the fiesty buggers.

The dissapointing moment for me was having to leave early and not getting to met any other Raiders other than those I met in the wee hours. Being in a new boat & a very green skipper & was more than a little nervous about getting into the beach at knock off, especially after seeing Stumpy having to swim to his boat & also looking at all the swimmers around I decided it was not worth the risk to others for me to attempt to get in close, so I did a quick jetty disembark, reported our woeful efforts to Stewie & left with my tail between my legs.

Anyway, great day on the water & also had a chance to see what its all about. I look forward to getting to another social soon & having more time to met a few more Raiders.

Cheers to all & congrats to everyone who helped & participated in this event, it was a sight to see all those boats & fishos getting together.

PS - quick appology to Robbie, I wished I could have met you mate, I'm sorry on the short notice cancellation for Monday. Hope to catch up soon.

Being in a new boat & a very green skipper & was more than a little nervous about getting into the beach at knock off, especially after seeing Stumpy having to swim to his boat

I tried to put my finger up to hitch a ride boof , but every time I did, I started to sink :thumbdown:

Well done, guys. So pleased the Weather Gods came thru with the goods!

Another Fantastic Fishraider Function!!! Sounds like everyone had a terrific time & some great catches made .... the young bulls showing the older bulls how to do it!!

Especially well done to young Cam & No1 Son Brett for their huge catches!!! I loved the blooding of young Cam!!! Very arty - is that a Fishraider Custom now, for 'first of type' caught??

Shame it clashed with my SWR Trip! Maybe next year, I'll be down for it with brother Sails!!!!

Cheerio

Roberta

I have to agree with Roberta... sorry to be unoriginal but Little Slinky has asked to have stripes on her face next time she catches a king. I told her it's only for when you catch a special fish, so the first of species or a PB will now be a "blooding" offence on board Slinky (the boat, not the captain of the same name).

You've really started something Stumpy... I think Gemma took a shine to Cam and his war-paint.

Cheers, Slinky

Guest GoFish Pete

Well what a top day it was and thanks to all of the organizers and their helpers.

It certainly makes us at Go Fish proud to be associated with such a fine group of people so to all of you raiders out there a big :thumbup:

My day started with the alarm at 3.30am and then the drive to Roseville , we quickly launched and then headed to Balmoral to catch some livies. My crew Karen and Luke had a ball catching the yakkas and soon we had enough for a session. First though we had to register and have a yummy bacon and egg roll or two and a heart starter. :thumbup:

We bid them farewell and set about catching kings , first stop at Dobroyd just anchored and bait fishing with three livies and some cut squid , waiting but no takers.

Ok time to try the downrigger , around and round the markers at Dobroyd then off to spot x .

Had to stop for a ferry to pass then back under way and zzzzzzz we are on , two kings at once and they were very co-operative and stayed on their respective side of the boat , Luring Luke gets his in first and it measures around 67cm big :biggrin2: on Lukes face now.

post-4524-1203998121_thumb.jpg

post-4524-1203998145_thumb.jpg

Mine is in next and comes in about 71cm now I'm wearing the big :biggrin2: .

post-4524-1203998134_thumb.jpg

We are very happy now to have two legals on board and try again but no more luck.

We head back to Balmoral and get some nice big horse yakkas and set of on a downrigger troll of many markers , the wedding cake and Clifton but no more takers and by this stage its getting late.

A great BBQ with the Raiders on the beach , many smiling faces and an all round good feeling.

I was very happy to hand out a few prizes to some deserved winners.

Many thanks to the helpers that got my boat back in the water , seems I was over indulging back at camp :beersmile:

Congrats to all the winners and to those that caught their first Kingy.

Special thanks to Inhlanzi and Vagabond for my Kingy lessons on friday :thumbup:

Cheers

GoFish Pete

swimming 200 odd metres through murky, king shark-infested water, swell and boats roaring everywhere only to realise 20m from your boat that "shit... this could go horribly wrong, i'm swimming towards a fast drifting out of control 40ft cruiser which is heading in my direction and could easily hit me in the head and kill me... AND YOU HAVE NO TRANSOM LADDER!!!!..........

cheers

CFD

Thanks CFD!

or , should it be................ Stephen King or JR Tolkein

add some hot lusty sex to that and you could be a Bryce Courtenay !!!! :action-smiley-031:

You drama queen !

Love ya!

Stumpy :biggrin2:

Hi guys.

I just wanted to add my thanks for a great day which was made even better by catching my first Kingy which Swordfisherman kindly uploaded photos of. It is actually the first time I have gone hard out targeting a1 Kingy and I waled away with one so that made me feel even better (especially since I had no sounder on my cruisy)

I met fellow raider want2fish at 4.30 at Rose Bay and we headed off into the dark to catch live bait. I have been living in Europe the past few years and before I left had not been as educated in fishing so never really went looking for livies. So I had to ask a few people where I would find some.

I had no idea what was going on.

Luckily Swordfisherman pointed me in the direction of Sammy who kindly showed us where we might catch a few squid which we did. Then we went for some yakkas at Balmorel and went in search of Kingys.

I hooked up in about 10 minutes and pulled in my first Kingy. Woohoooooo !!

A few minutes later I hooked up again but he busted off. Ah well, one is better than none. And I even got to keep him.

So once again a big thank you to all involved. Especially the BBQ team :biggrin2:

What a top day it was at the Kingy social.

It was great being on BBQ duty as I got to meet

so many raiders.

Congrats to all that caught kingies and to the winners.

It was also great to see the junior raiders getting into some

good kingies too.

Looking forward to the next one.

What a top day was had by all.

Saturday afternoon hubby and I put the boat in at Kissing Point and had a lovely cruise down the river to the harbour. Saw the Queen Victoria moored at the Quay and then decided to go find Stumpy at Balmoral to search for some Yakkas,

Whilst the boys were hunting, I put my line in and started catching whatever would take my bait. I hooked on to a few small bream, and a little brown fish, but they were all too small to keep so put them back to fight another day. Then I caught the first of my keeper bream, so I was happy.

After hubby hunted for not too many, we decided as it was getting late that we had better go find stumpy again near the Spit and anchor up for the night.

They were getting dinner readyand I of course was still fishing. Still catching littlies, quite a lot of pinkies and small bream and also a Narwong,

Then it was time to eat and hit the hay ready for our kingy attack.

Awoke at 4.30 to head over and surprise the swordies, as they thought we were not coming to the social. Said a few hellos to fellow raiders, registered a few, then it was time to hit the water.

Headed to one of their favourite kingy spots, but all I got were more bream and pinkies. and a nice keeper flattie. Decided to head over to spot X and try our luck there. No kingies but more pinkies and some nice bream.

Tally for the weekend - Cath - 4 keeper bream, 1 flattie, 1 taylor, but still havent caught the illusive kingy.

Thanks to Stewy and Donna and all the gang who made this day what it was - Bloody Terrific.

Cheers

Cath

It was a top day!!!!! Congrats to the mods and memebers of this site who made it! :thumbup:

Our highlight was watching a raider being smoked on 10kgs off drag, and watching my brother Greg boil up abit at the authorities on the water,,,,,, what a lark!!!!!

Those that witnessed it and there were a few, know the circumstances :tease:

GREAT DAY THOU

Dan

Our highlight was watching a raider being smoked on 10kgs off drag, and watching my brother Greg boil up abit at the authorities on the water,,,,,, what a lark!!!!!

Dan

:Funny-Post:

Wonder what smoked raider tastes like.... If only i could bring myself to take a mouthfull.