Another Boat Project

djmac

Hi guys,

thought id post this up. its about 99% complete

before i started this i had 0 exp working with fibreglass and pretty much powertools too lol

working in IT for the last 6 years i wanted to do something hands on. turned into a lot bigger job than i planned but its all a learning experience.

photos etc are on this link.

id paste them on here but id be here for hours!

http://www.shareaproject.com/pages/projectTut,p,451,00.html

Col

Mate unbelievable ,

:thumbup:

It's the type of thing I have thought of for ages finding an el cheapo and ending up with something like you've got. It seems so easy when you think about it but actually getting down to it and not getting scared off by cost and the never ending work have always got the better of me. great work!

If you dont mind me asking, did it cost much to get all tools and materials to get it done or is the type of thing you can pull together from whats the garden shed?

Cheers,

Dan

Thanks guys!

it certainly has been a pretty big transformation.

i just hope it floats with all the added weight :P

Dan you'd be surprised that you dont need too many tools..

power wise ive only used:

belt sander

high powered drill

circular saw

bench saw

angle grinder

jigsaw

the only thing i had to buy really was a compressor for spray painting.

but you could easily use the brush on paints available for marine applications these days. they are very high quality, or just get someone to spray it.

Inspirational!

Fantastic job mate, you've inspired me to do something similar to an old hull I have. Can't start it for awhile but I can see myself coming back to this post to get re-ignited on it when I'm ready.

How long did it take you to get it that far?

thanks guys :)

taken me about 4 months to get that far! most of the time was repairing the old stringers, floor transom etc.

if i did this again i would get a sound hull and then restore from there. would have taken half the time.

ive had a big update and added more pics etc to the project site.

http://www.shareaproject.com/pages/projectTut,p,451,00.html

its 99% complete now! getting exciting!

let me know what you guys think!

Col

warnie thanks mate. has been a bumpy ride to get it thus far and can say i had to walk away from it a few times and leave it for a couple of days!

been well worth the effort though. hopefully i can get an old formula 233 down the road and do an even better job!!

Col