Bait Grounds..

HI Guys

Being new to game fishing and after spending thousands banging lures around for days on end for no great results.

Im looking into live baiting.. Which seems to be the best method.

On that could anyone tell me the best live bait grounds around Sydney and JB as these are my most fished areas.

Cheers

Grimo.

HI Guys

Being new to game fishing and after spending thousands banging lures around for days on end for no great results.

Im looking into live baiting.. Which seems to be the best method.

On that could anyone tell me the best live bait grounds around Sydney and JB as these are my most fished areas.

Cheers

Grimo.

G'day Grimo.

There are two bait stations listed in the GPS Marks forum for JB.

Live Bait areas in JB:

Middle ground-**** S35.06.392*** E150.46.087

Bowen Island Inner-*** S35.06.892***** E150.45.713

All areas GPS marks are in the GPS Marks forum. Here

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Pete.

HI GuysBeing new to game fishing and after spending thousands banging lures around for days on end for no great results.Im looking into live baiting.. Which seems to be the best method.On that could anyone tell me the best live bait grounds around Sydney and JB as these are my most fished areas.Cheers Grimo.
Hi Grimo just to clarify when you say live bait grounds.......are you referring to the best area to fish with livies or the best grounds to obtain the livies.......Cheers Warnie.... Edited by ungry warnie

Great topic for those new to the blue stuff (including me) .. I would be interested in any bait station marks out of Broken Bay if anyone is keen to share?!!

Have been stuck on land the last two weeks - cant wait to get out there again!!!

Edited by Andy Loops

Great topic for those new to the blue stuff (including me) .. I would be interested in any bait station marks out of Broken Bay if anyone is keen to share?!!

Have been stuck on land the last two weeks - cant wait to get out there again!!!

Hi Andy

Broken Bay is one hell of a hard area to obtain slimies certainaly with any reliability that is

but running over certain areas does allow you to locate them on the sounder and jig them up

namely...30-40 fathoms directly in front of newport reef........likewise from long reef out to and especially long reef wide...and around boultan's reef...

interestingly if either of these areas hold bait schools in numbers then we generally work that area for a

number of hours .......if no enquiries are forthcoming then we move on to greener pastures....

these would include Broken bay wide 33'46.21 south 151'.39.42 east

and would most definently include the 24/24 Bait station at 33'.46.00 south 151'.45.00 east

hope thats helpfull to you andy and most importantly for now!!!!!!! ......as the baitstation area has been fishing good for a while....

Cheers Warnie

Hi Grimo just to clarify when you say live bait grounds.......are you referring to the best area to fish with livies or the best grounds to obtain the livies.......Cheers Warnie....

Hey warnie,

well i guess im talking about both..

regards grimo.

Hi Andy

Broken Bay is one hell of a hard area to obtain slimies certainaly with any reliability that is

but running over certain areas does allow you to locate them on the sounder and jig them up

namely...30-40 fathoms directly in front of newport reef........likewise from long reef out to and especially long reef wide...and around boultan's reef...

interestingly if either of these areas hold bait schools in numbers then we generally work that area for a

number of hours .......if no enquiries are forthcoming then we move on to greener pastures....

these would include Broken bay wide 33'46.21 south 151'.39.42 east

and would most definently include the 24/24 Bait station at 33'.46.00 south 151'.45.00 east

hope thats helpfull to you andy and most importantly for now!!!!!!! ......as the baitstation area has been fishing good for a while....

Cheers Warnie

Really appreciate that Warnie. Will be out there this coming Sunday and will be sure to give them a shot.

Cheers

Andy

Getting bait in close at broken bay like warnie has said boultons is worth a look.

another reef well worth looking (i normally get my bait here) is esmerelda.

broken bay is typically a lure fishing area as bait does not congregate like it does at port stephens...

in saying that if y ou do find some like warnie has said give it a good going over as theres a good chance a fish will be on it...

dont hesitate to drop the lures in around 40-50 fathoms near long reef either.

weve caught quite a few fish in that area.

goodluck

warnie are you fishing the broken bay tourney??

Col

Edited by djmac

warnie are you fishing the broken bay tourney??

Col

Hi col...

no to broken bay tournie this year as i have committments that weekend

but yes....... to the sydney tournie coming soon after as that looks to be the one not to miss......

i am going back up to port this weekend and taking the bigger gear with me......

finally with the break in the dismall weather of late for kinder conditions

it should be a bit more comfortable to venture out wider.....

Cheers Warnie....