Black Marlin From A Kayak

HobiePaulo

mate i was just goin to have a browse owing to the fact i have to get up in a few hours but that report was just unbelivable i couldnt look away i agree with the others i got goosebumps reading that!! thats honestly the most awsome, inspirational fishing story ive ever read! there should be a report of the month section and that would take from jan-march out in one go!

:1yikes::1worthy: Brad

WOW!!!!!

That is incredible,One of,if not the best report i have read EVER! :1worthy:

Thank you for posting such a thourough/riveting report.

Stephen

:1fishing1:

P.s Do we even need a fish of the month comp for march I think we have a WINNER. :1clap::1clap:

mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that was one of the best read i've

look at well done champion what a achievement for any fisho

especially yak fisho as yourself i take my hat off for you

any day :1worthy::1worthy::1worthy::1worthy::1worthy::1worthy::1worthy:

Cheers

Rizzo :thumbup:

Edited by rizzo

Top story... :1yikes: ...

Good to see the same type of reel I won in a raffle caught a Marlin as I've been unsure about it's capability...not anymore after that feat...

You may have just merged 2 watersports and invented a new one ...kayak-skiing...hook up a Marlin and enjoy the ride...actually it's 3 if you chuck fishing in as well... :thumbup:

Edited by Capt Hook

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How good is that? To be written up in the Bluewater FIshing Mag?? That is mainly for the boys with the BIG TOYS!!!

I read it & enjoyed it YET AGAIN!!

For those who don't get the magazine, I have a PDF of it, but it is 2mb in size. If anyone wants a copy of it, pm me with your email address & I can send it to you

Cheerio

Roberta

Well, they say a picture is worth a thousand words, but you just rewrote that rule. Those words were worth a thousand pictures, and in fact the pitcures posted had nothing on the actual report!

That is just amazing, and will take some topping... I don't know how a yak can beat a fish of that size, and i dont know how your yak stayed the right way up!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Paul I feel like giving you a hug and dont even know you. That is a sensational report and a fisho story that will live for quite some time. Freakish circumstances to say the least.

Congrats.

Great report.

But, I don’t like the fact that you couldn’t release this fish. You tell of the fight the fish put up and how much you enjoyed it. But yet, seem only to happy to understand and acknowledge that all that came from the fight was a kill. By tagging a juvenile Black Marlin (not killing it) we will be able to study them and have more chances of fighting these fish in the future. I understand why you think you needed the trophy, but there is more to gain than a fish on a wall, it’s a healthier fishery that with any luck our future generations will be able to enjoy. Why not appreciate the Marlins plight and let them 'fight' another day.

Edited by knapers

Somewhere (on my reporting of the same event) ,Paul indicated to me that the keeping of the marlin was a 'one off' & any future captures will be returned, alive.

He had highs & lows regarding the capture & keeping of it - It was a remarkable feat in itself, from a kayak. So let's just leave it at that!

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Great report.

But, I don’t like the fact that you couldn’t release this fish. You tell of the fight the fish put up and how much you enjoyed it. But yet, seem only to happy to understand and acknowledge that all that came from the fight was a kill. By tagging a juvenile Black Marlin (not killing it) we will be able to study them and have more chances of fighting these fish in the future. I understand why you think you needed the trophy, but there is more to gain than a fish on a wall, it’s a healthier fishery that with any luck our future generations will be able to enjoy. Why not appreciate the Marlins plight and let them 'fight' another day.

You are breaking the Site Rules and this is not called for as it was a magnificent capture from a very small vessel by a very experienced angler.

Mind your own business :thumbdown:

Cheers Stewy

Ummm....

I'm speachless. Holy crap when I first read about your catch I was very impressed, now I'm gob smacked!

:1worthy: For the best damn report ever.

:1worthy: For the fish of anyones lifetime

:1worthy: For the shear stupidity of even contemplating catching a marlin from a yakk!!! :1prop:

Well done just doesn't seem to cut it mate, you legend!

Boofhead nailed it on the head - truly an amazing story and one that every member of this site will appreciate!!!

You Yak Fishermen are a crazy lot alright!!! Look forward to reading of more exploits or saying gday on the deep blue.

Andy

Hi HobiePaulo im new to fishraider just seen your artical fantastic report well done.Have not hooked a black yet but have caught many striped down south but out of a yakk somthing speacial you must of been on a high landing that one. I will be up there this feb for two weeks to catch my first cobia hopefully!!

GOOD ONE cheers :beersmile: OUTFISHER

Edited by OUTFISHER

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...