Black Marlin From A Kayak

HobiePaulo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hehehe and Paul is heading back there again in late Feb to try again! ...... and I'll be there too! :) I bet he uses my 'hook setup' again!! :) :)

Whether I go offshore again or not ...... depends!!

Roberta

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hehehe and Paul is heading back there again in late Feb to try again! ...... and I'll be there too! :) I bet he uses my 'hook setup' again!! :) :)

Whether I go offshore again or not ...... depends!!

Roberta

Hey Roberta/Paul...

its now late Feb! any more marlin caught out of kayaks???

Hi Kiro

Just back from SWR and no marlin landed in the week that Paul was up there - matter of fact, he was a bit disappointed at only catching live bait & sharks ...... altho some of our buddies got into long fin tuna & nice cobia to 28kg!!

He was using livies, big sps and big lures, even pulling out the mythical Squidgy that did the trick last year!

Check out my report on

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.ph...mp;#entry293363

Ne'er mind, he'll be back again ....., possibly after the Forster ABT Kayak Fishing Comp .... on the way back to Qld, he may drop in for another flick!

Roberta

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

hehehe and we are off to do it again at the end of Feb for 10 days! :D

Paul and Lynette have now upgraded from the Revolutions to the Adventure Island Hobies - these ones are longer again & have an outrigger on each side for added stability & safety for offshore kayaking. They have already sailed them to Fraser Island & from Bribie Island to Moreton Island (22km of open water!!), to camp & fish!

Once again, Paul is hoping to hook onto a marlin! (that's what they were hoping for off Moreton Island, too!!) Got cobia & snapper instead! Still not too bad, eh?

There will be about 20+ mad kayakers let loose at South West Rocks! Should be fun!

Roberta

• 4 months later...

Paul & Lynette are not long back from 10 days at Lord Howe - had their Adventure Islands taken over by the mail boat from Port Macquarie .... and had a blast, catching massive kingies over a meter long & numerous other species, including the double headers! Lynette's best fish was a metre plus kingie too - just 2 years ago (when the marlin was caught) she had barely caught any fish! What a change in 2 years, eh??

I wanna go to Lord Howe!!! And I will!! :biggrin2: Did I tell you that they have some Hobies to hire there?? :biggrin2:

Cheers

Roberta

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

......Hope you ate it..... We sure did!! I reckon that marlin fed about 50 people, probably Twice!! Yummy, too.

In March '10 another of our yakking group, South African Louis, also hooked a marlin & had it on virtually up to the yak, when at the last minute, the line broke. It was going to be released anyway - and his buddies got video of the marlin leaping, so it is a 'Definite', not a 'maybe'!

2011 ...... We are heading back up to the Gaol at SWR last weekend in Feb for 8 days til March 6th - anyone with a yak that would like to join us ..... just book a site and make yourself known!! The 'Big Boys and Girls' will go Offshore, chasing Marlin & other big fish like Tuna & CObia - whilst I will be chasing bream, flatties & BASS (along with a few others who prefer to stay closer to land'!

Paulo & Lynette are raring to go, after tackling massive Kingies from their Adventure Island Hobie yaks at Lord howe last year - 3 of our mob have now 'caught' marlin from their yaks at our camp at SWR! :1yikes: Who will it be THIS YEAR???

Roberta

Maybe it will be my lot to provide the 'livies' again, like the first year!!

• 2 weeks later...

That is a report of a lifetime. Was reading that on the way in to work and it will surely inspire more people to try out yak fishing! I almost fell off my seat on the train reading that report....awesome. Thanks for sharing and congrats on such a fine effort and spectacular fish.....did you go buy a lotto ticket too afterwards?

• 3 months later...