Livewell Finally Fitted

micksfishn

hey all got a call from my brother last thursday saying the (approx 68l)livewell for the hornet is ready(he made it up at work) :yahoo: well i was off to get all the fittings to plumb it up after a mad rush around trying to get wat i needed i was done ready to install friday after work first off inlet and outlet holes were drilled out and outlet and spray bar fitted (spray bar at bottom and overflow up top) tank was then mounted then the original hosing to the live bait tank was removed and redirected with new hose to the livewell with just two holes cut to run the hosing not having to cut holes in the side of the boat for overflow just used the existing inlet and outlet on the rear of the boat which was for the for the livebait tank which i have now turned into an esky now all i have to do is carpet the outer of the well to match the floor make it blend in a bit better.(still not sure if im going to fit an airrator to it to)see how it gos.forgot im runing a johnson pump to push the water through

anyways we hit the enterance for the weekend and it works great keeping 4 breambos alive on sat and 3 on sunday all fish were released and swam off no worries

heres some pics of the finnished project

cheers mick

post-3591-1204537050_thumb.jpg post-3591-1204537060_thumb.jpg

post-3591-1204537075_thumb.jpg post-3591-1204537083_thumb.jpg

Edited by breamhntr

you wont need an airrator dude. i think its much more important, to just do a bit of a water change when you add a fish to an overcrowded tank... and every so often.

this not only airates the water but more importantly gets some of the polluted water out.

i think pollution from all the burley ya big breambos are coughing up inside the tank becomes a problem way before lack of oxigen does. and by the way kick ass tank man. :1punk:

• 4 weeks later...

TOP TANK MATE jus wandering if u had any troubles keepin ya battery charged im jus about to build a tank myself and got it in mind thats all and i nearlly always go fishn at night so a solar panel is worthless i jus wanted to run a rule 360 gph pump and me nav lights any info would b much appreciated

hi fishon you wont have a prob at all with battery power i have the tank running for roughly 10 minutes every half hour with lights and sounder on never had a prob starting the outboard they alll use very little power any questions just pm me

mick