Hairtail Social !

Flightmanager

Sorry Dave won't be the same without you guys.

Take Care and hi to the family

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Does anyone have a map of the Hawksebury they can put up with where the MOTHERSHIP will be anchoured please ????

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where about will the house boat be anchoured?

Did you get an answer to this ???

Can you guys add myself and my mate Steve. We will be on a house boat as well.

Could be a couple of others with us if they are allowed out

JOHNNO ???????

Edited by hoges1974

Did you get an answer to this ???

Can you guys add myself and my mate Steve. We will be on a house boat as well.

Could be a couple of others with us if they are allowed out

JOHNNO ???????

Geez hoges keep your pants on mate :1yikes: . Watch the posts for all the final details. You will not miss us - look for the fishraider banner on the houseboat.

We will probably be in Jerusalem Bay and we will be there on Friday to make sure of a prime position.

We will post up very soon!!!!!!!!

I have added you to the list of attendees - get your mates to join up as fishraiders if not already as there may be some prizes for members :biggrin2:

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

• 2 weeks later...

Just to clarify a few things about this years Hairtail :

1) Its FREE!!! All we ask is that you register before you start fishing.

2) The Mothership will be manned and ready from 1PM ( 1300) on Friday until we finish on Sunday Morning.

3) If you catch a Hairtail in the wee small hours of the morning , stick it in the esky , and show us in the morning ( we need our beauty sleep as well !) .

4) Its going to be cold . :frozen: Very bloody cold :frozen::frozen: , so please carry sufficient dry warm clothing .

5) The Mothership can be contacted on Ch96 , it will be monitored as long as we are awake .

Please try to get your spot early , the usual haunts fill up pretty quickly , and there will be a lot of boats there.

If you have organised a houseboat for the weekend , could you let us know who will be on board please ?

If you want to organise a houseboat , now would be a good time to get your crew together !! Only 18 days to go !! :yahoo:

Ross

Funny how quickly time flies by on the Fishraider Social Calendar, its time to start organising the 2008 Hairtail Social !!

The venue as always will be the Hawkesbury River , and the dates will be the 25th to the 27th of July 2008.

Fishing will commence at Noon on the Friday , and continue all weekend until 11AM sharp on the Sunday .

Once again , their will be a Mothership , manned by the Swordies and the Flightmanagers , this is where you will bring your catches for measurement.

Remember , it can get extremely cold at that time of the year on the Hawkesbury , so lots of warm clothing is a must!!

Looking forward to seeing you all there , if you are interested , tell us in this thread , and your names will be added .

Ross

Please add me to i will arrive on saturday ......

Hi Raiders,

Can you please add me to this list with a Deckie.

We will probably just do the Saturday and overnight.

What are Raiders doing Saturday morning?

Hairtail are only there during the night I believe, so are you guys fishing in the river or outside on Saturday morning?

Are there places where we can pull up for a feed and stock up on essentials?

Cheers

Greg

Sadly, Mrs Slinky has decreed that Little Slinky isn't allowed out on the hairtail night (something about pneumonia???). BrettP and I are still keen (not sure if this is an overstatement or maybe should just have "but nervous" added to the end).

I came back into Broken Bay after dark a while ago and the next day I bought more polarfleece and even a pair of thermal gloves for under my ski gloves. You'll recognize me out there... just look for the big fuzzy beach ball.

Cheers, Slinky

well thats sounds great and it sounds like it would be an awsome weekend..

i hope to get out there.. :biggrin2:

Cheers Grant

Cox Craft :thumbup:

Hi any idea where the house boat will be moorered at? or should we just contact you on the radio

Hi any idea where the house boat will be moorered at? or should we just contact you on the radio

Jerusalem Bay :biggrin2: from around 1pm on friday

Ok Social attendees,its time to sharpen up your gang hooks and get the short wire traces and starlites out.

There is a small smattering of reports of our fanged adversary in the Hawkesbury :biggrin2:

The weather looks promising with favourable winds and perhaps overcast conditions which should help with the cold at night.

Jerusalem Bay will be our home base for this 3 day event and we wish all Fishraiders and thier crew a safe and pleasant weekend on the mighty Hawkesbury.

Come to the houseboat to have a meet and greet and sign in from around 1 pm on Friday afternoon.

Good Luck everyone and happy Hairtailing on our 3rd Annual Hairtail Social.

Cheers Administration

Swordfisherman

Unfortunatly i will not be able to attend this weekend

Hoges

Thats a shame and will your decky be absent as well???

Cheers Stewy

I'll be participating in the Hairtail Social with Greg (Thunder) and friend and launching at Brooklyn early on Saturday morning instead of meeting up with Digger (at Pittwater) as previously mentioned. Would you note the change of plans please mate.

Thanks Stew

Byron

I'll be participating in the Hairtail Social with Greg (Thunder) and friend and launching at Brooklyn early on Saturday morning instead of meeting up with Digger (at Pittwater) as previously mentioned. Would you note the change of plans please mate.

Thanks Stew

Byron

No worries Byron all noted :biggrin2: