New Stella 20000, Old Stella 20000 Or Saltiga 6500 Expadition

VA911

Congratulations on a beautiful looking reel.

Just a question though, how much power do these reels really have, I mean would you expect it to stop YFT to say 40kg.

A 20k stella will DEMOLISH a 40kg tuna... that is if you have the man power to hold onto the damn thing, you need to achieve a balance between line test (breaking strain) and capacity.... having said that, you also need a rod that can handle the constant pressure that you require to knock over a tuna that is the size of wine barrel... I would probably steer towards the VERY TOP of the jigging blanks like the SEED or a Samurai NV12, or a brutal glass/graph rod that will not break...

Hold on!

Thanks guys.

I will be filling the reel with 500 meters of Avani Big One PE6 85LB braid. Great stuff.

The rod that will be used most of the time will be posted up soon.

I am also looking at the carpenter One Hundred 55XH-S or the 56MH-S. This will be used for big fish on big jigs in NZ and coral sea trips. Has anyone used these rods if so do they have any experiance. I have been told they are the ants pants.

Oz.

I have a smith AMJ which in its rights is a lovely rod. It does very well but i would like something else for bigger jigs and deeper water. The AMJ is possibly a little soft for this kind of work.

Daniel,

i have been looking into chartered trips in the coral sea (Nomad and others) where they do popping for GTs and also jigging for doggies etc. So yes i hope to use it as an alrounder and also for all my usual fun and games here in sydney and the surrounds.

I dont think i could justify spending big bucks on a specific popping rod as its something i wouldn't do 2 often. i do have a great rod that would do the job unless i came across a monster GT.

I am a little concerend that this reel may be a little heavy for lots of popper work but hey no pain no gain.

Time will tell.