A Saturtday Morning At Lyall

Roffo

Good Afternoon all you Trout loving Raiders,

I was thinking of hitting the shores of Lyall in a couple of Sats time for a morning sesh and just wanted to know if any other raiders were interested in meeting up and having a fish......

Cheers

Roffo.

Good Afternoon all you Trout loving Raiders,

I was thinking of hitting the shores of Lyall in a couple of Sats time for a morning sesh and just wanted to know if any other raiders were interested in meeting up and having a fish......

Cheers

Roffo.

Depending on which Saturday, yeah I reckon I could. Be good to catch up with some felloe Trout nuts :thumbup:

Cheers

Windy

At This stage I'm thinking of Sat 12/4/08.

Cheers

Sounds good Roffo !! .. 12/04 sounds good to me..provided :wife: goes to work ! haha...i'll make sure she will ! lol

Im going to ask you a silly question though...where's Lyall ? :)

I live in western suburbs..

Take the m7 till you get to the great western highway exit going to Penrith and follow it all the way to Lithgow ,just as you enter lithgow itself there is a big sign on the left that says LAKE LYELL you cant miss it.

Its around 7 or 8 klms from there and once you cross over the bridge the boat ramp will be visible.

Cheers Stewy

Thanks Stewy!!!!

Sounds like a good 1.5 - 2 hrs drive eh?..I actually dont mind as long as i bring something decent home!

Hi Gang,

I thinking of a spot away from the speed boats in a no wash zone, I don't know the name of the road but it is the first right hand turn after you turn off the highway at the servo and head for the dam wall.

The road finishes at a dead end almost at the water's edge.

I was going to take some power bait up and a spin stick.

7am kick off weather permitting.

Cheers

Roffo

Hi Gang,

I thinking of a spot away from the speed boats in a no wash zone, I don't know the name of the road but it is the first right hand turn after you turn off the highway at the servo and head for the dam wall.

The road finishes at a dead end almost at the water's edge.

I was going to take some power bait up and a spin stick.

7am kick off weather permitting.

Cheers

Roffo

Farmers Creek Arm Roffo, tough spot at times that one. Some very deep water and limited room to move. But it can fish very well, especially getting towards spawning time.

The other spot that might be worth a shot early is the small road on the right just before the Dam, it ends quickly and it's then a walk in but you get access to the small bay, the deep water to the Dam wall and if you feel like walking a good distance you can get access to a lot of water going up the Lake.

Magpie Hollow can also be a good spot to hit, but it can get crowded quickly.

I have a wedding on the 12th but I might be able to get away for the morning.

Cheers

Windy

Farmers Creek Arm Roffo, tough spot at times that one. Some very deep water and limited room to move. But it can fish very well, especially getting towards spawning time.

The other spot that might be worth a shot early is the small road on the right just before the Dam, it ends quickly and it's then a walk in but you get access to the small bay, the deep water to the Dam wall and if you feel like walking a good distance you can get access to a lot of water going up the Lake.

Magpie Hollow can also be a good spot to hit, but it can get crowded quickly.

I have a wedding on the 12th but I might be able to get away for the morning.

Cheers

Windy

Sounds good Matt, I haven't fished there before so we should give it a go.

I rarely fish till midday away so we'll see how the fishing is.

Cheers

Roffo

Hi Gang,

Had a pracky run with Matt this morning and there was a few fish about, Matt will put a report together with a few pics shortly.

Should be a good day if the weather is ok.

Cheers

Roffo.

PS. it was pretty cool before the sun hit.

i might go let us know the spot and i come and see you guys on the bank .. im be taking my quinnie out

Take some tassies with a bit glitter on them, that's what the boats where using right in front of us when they got a few trolling.

Hope the weather is kind to us..

Cheers

Roffo