warnie

Sgfc Tournament This Weekend....

Hi all...

This weekend bring's with it the SGFC Peter Goadby Memorial Tournament....

a tournament that traditionaly is well patronised by trailer boat's....

of whom a high pecentage generally figure well in the resulting prizes

This tournament need no introduction to those of us that are in the know... as well as

incorporating the final round of central zone....

wondering who may be taking part in the proceeding's this weekend and with the weather

at this stage looking like to be putting on a good show !!!!!!

And the reports of fish out the front auger well also....

i am expecting the liquid refreshment. :beersmile: and the one that got away stories to be flowing thick and fast

come saturday night....hope to see you all there on the night...

Cheers Warnie....

post-4679-1206937609_thumb.jpg

Can't wait warney :1prop: Staying at the pub for 2 nights as the trailer boats are not equipped with plasmas air con and king size beds.

Can't wait warney :1prop: Staying at the pub for 2 nights as the trailer boats are not equipped with plasmas air con and king size beds.

How you goin Nudge. The man of Pitch reckons his mighty

out there is equipped with everything that opens and shuts :beersmile:

Going good casey. YEAH HIS ESKY OPENS AND SHUTS!

How ya going there nudge...

who are you fishing on this weekend matey...

Just out of interest to some of the newbies out there here is a pic

of the marlin and jason the happy angler that i'm pretty sure took this tournie out last year (correct me if thats not right)

anyways check out the gear it was caught on fairly basic at that 24kg line class and shall we call it

one of them pink things as a lure...

i feel confident there would of been some handy work done on the rod and nimble boat work in the bargain...

but nothing special all the same that most of you don't allready run...well except maybe one or two...

but it's not unreasonable to expect that you may come across this calibre of fish whilst you pull lures

especially on or over the shelf...and paticularly this month off sydney...

think's i might give my pink thingy a go this weekend...

Cheers Warnie....

post-4679-1206957023_thumb.jpg

Good luck all & I hope the fish play ball for you.

Cheers,

Grant.

I will be there with bells on !

I will be driving the little 28 LUHRS 'temujin' again.

Only has a little plasma and NO air con :mad3:

Still, its a little more comfy that BEAKIE.......lol

see you there :1fishing1:

changa

In addition to Steve’s info, D’Albora marina at Elizabeth Bay has agreed to sell fuel at a 30 cent/litre discount for all boats competing in the tournament.

They will also man the fuel pumps until late particularly for trailer boats that will need to fill up Saturday evening for the Sunday fish.

Weather looks promising with warm water coming down the coast.

See you on the water!

Actually it's Rushcutters Bay!

How ya going there nudge...

who are you fishing on this weekend matey...

Cheers Warnie....

Hey Warnie, Nudge and I are boat slutting again this weekend and fishing with Shane Wilson on Ballyhoo - that makes 3 different boats we've fished on in 3 central zone comps! Weather's looking good and the charts look excelent for Big Blues!

Catch ya Fri/Sat nights at the club

Cheers

Shane

Hey Warnie, Nudge and I are boat slutting again this weekend and fishing with Shane Wilson on Ballyhoo - that makes 3 different boats we've fished on in 3 central zone comps! Weather's looking good and the charts look excelent for Big Blues!

Catch ya Fri/Sat nights at the club

Cheers

Shane

Shane, that will be a change from your new boat :1prop:

Good luck and see you on fri or sat nite for beers :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::yahoo:

changa

Hey Guys,

Cant fish the tourny but i might be down saturday arvo for the weigh in and a few beers.

Cheers

Sammy

All the best everyone fishing the comp, im not fishing it but should hopefully be out on Saturday on "Ezray".

All the best.

Kamil

goodluck out there guys.

hopefully a few blue fellas show up

i am unfortunately missing out on fishing this comp as ive done some ligament damage in my shoulder :(

weather looks like its going to be a cracker!

Col

Edited by djmac

What are the chances of a "game fishing" newbie hitching a ride with someone? I have been meaning to join SGFC but somehow always end up busy on the first Tuesday of every month.

If not good luck guys.

What are the chances of a "game fishing" newbie hitching a ride with someone? I have been meaning to join SGFC but somehow always end up busy on the first Tuesday of every month.

If not good luck guys.

Dandas...

Sure could be every chance!!!!!!! i will make a few phone call's for you...

as you can appreciate this close to the weekend commitment to crew is generally well in place

but i'm sure some of the bigger boats may well be able to accomodate you...

failing that why don't you turn up saturday night to watch the wiegh in maybe grab a feed or have a drink

or two say and come and say hello......That invitation is open to all those who may be interested in Game fishing

and or to watch the Fish been weighed in and is not restricted soley to just those that are participating

in the weekend tournament......

Cheers Warnie...

Well I will definitely come down and see the weigh in. What time do most people start coming in?

Thanks allot for your help mate.

Guys, dont forget there is no briefing on Fri night, and you can pick up your goodie bag on friday! Hoping for some good weather. Swell and wind are set to die down, patchy rain periods any thoughts weatherwise?

Was to be fishing on murrifin, but alas she's having a fuel pump fixed.

Good luck to all fishing.

Edited by Dezmo

Well I will definitely come down and see the weigh in. What time do most people start coming in?

Thanks allot for your help mate.

As a rule any boat's with some thing to weigh will generally start

to roll up from around 5.30 onwards...

i think the last sched is around 5.10 as each boat give's there estimated ETA back...

it soon get's around if anything note worthy is to be weighed.....

Cheers Warnie.....

Good luck to all fishing, hope you have a great weekend with lots of fish

I was down there last night.

I got there a bit late, but in time to see Black Pete weigh in a 175 Kg blue and then a 232Kg model :1yikes:

There were Stripeys from 70ish to 120 from memory. One of them going 102Kg on 15 which had people going ooh ahhh :)

There were 15 Marlin tagged on Saturday, Sunday was not finalized before I left so I am not sure how many but I believe it was less than Saturday.

I have to say a big thanks to every one at the club for welcoming in a couple of strangers and making sure we had a good spot for viewing and full cans at all times. :beersmile:

Robbie.

Hi just a quick run down on our weekend in the SGFC tournament.

Sat we didnt see any fish until 4.59pm when we hooked up to a small stripe about 70kg got him in and placed a tag in him and headed for watsons bay for the night.

Sunday was a different day a little bit rougher than sat and we headed south towards heatons with the big lures in the water.

At about 9am we hooked up to a large blue of about 200kg after about 3 mins he spat the lure after putting on a great show on the surface and went nuts.

We kept working the area and we where rewarded with a another blue hitting the rigger and going nuts also after about 40min we had a blue of about 180kg along side and placed the tag in him after we heard that Black Pete had a 160 and a 220 fish on the deck.

After that fish we worked the same area and about 15 to 20 min later we had a fish of about 250kg come up on the rigger and swim behind it for a min or so and just lost interest in lure and swam away not like all the blues this year that just come in and smash them.

Here are some pictures.

Striped Marlin

post-2728-1207531275_thumb.jpg

Blue Marlin going nuts

post-2728-1207531312_thumb.jpg

post-2728-1207531330_thumb.jpg

post-2728-1207531338_thumb.jpg

post-2728-1207531346_thumb.jpg

post-2728-1207531354_thumb.jpg

post-2728-1207531362_thumb.jpg

post-2728-1207531371_thumb.jpg

post-2728-1207531379_thumb.jpg