warnie

Sgfc Tournament This Weekend....

The two fish we got on the Saturday.

Alex.....

Are you having trouble putting up pic's ????????? i presume...

when i get a chance later on i will have a look at what we fired off on the camera and post up...

Warnie....

Craig....

Jeeze talking about cutting it fine !!!!!!!! calling your hooked up at 4.59 and 50 seconds i think it was

well done all the same... the fishing sure sounded like it stepped up a cog or two for you boy's on sunday.....with the day providing some nice blues for some of the boats fishing that productive water....

as i thought it would be the case there were no shortages of the stories of the one that got away with most

boats coming across at least one or two fish these being mostly stripes and with saturday turning on a weather day mostly reserved for the likes of fiji.....

i'm sure you would agree for those of you that stayed on your boat at the club saturday night that the

atmosphere was great......and bed when it came sure felt good...

congratulations to black pete for the capture of these two good fish...

post-4679-1207550266_thumb.jpg

and two pics for alex (black russian ) who had difficulty posting earlier

post-4679-1207551932_thumb.jpg

and

post-4679-1207551998_thumb.jpg

and while im at it two of my own ...

post-4679-1207552623_thumb.jpg

and

post-4679-1207552694_thumb.jpg

Cheers Warnie............

post-4679-1207551641_thumb.jpg

post-4679-1207552455_thumb.jpg

Edited by ungry warnie

Nice work guys!!! your all making me very jealous that im out of oz at the moment!!!

those blues should have taken out capture! it does not seem write that 2 little blue sharks would be worth more points irrespective of line class what do reckon nudge! :thumbdown:

those blues should have taken out capture! it does not seem write that 2 little blue sharks would be worth more points irrespective of line class what do reckon nudge! :thumbdown:

There are many different categories in a comp to target. As it was, several different categories were won by differing boats which is not always the case.

Carnage had '3' sharks, two of them (Blue) on 6kg & one (Mako) on 15kg for three different anglers.

Black Pete's fish were great fish and they would have taken out capture if they were both captured on 37kg (one was on 60kg line class). Any one fishing capture knows roughly how the points systems works - heavy line class is penalised as the fish weight is divided by line class (as well as factoring for various sharks vs tuna vs Marlin).

Black Pete didn't take out champion angler either for the same reasons above - but could have if both were caught by the same angler on 37kg - before the recent changes to NSW fishing rules that only allows one of each species of marlin per angler per day, captured.

They obviously won heaviest marlin, which is probably exactly what they were targeting.

So not quite as simple as it may appear....

congrats to Jamie for winning champion capture. great result for him in his new boat carnage.

yes capture was won by a couple of docile blue sharks..

but as makaira has said if you wanted to take out capture you would have fished 37 or even 24kg for those blues to make it worth while and get MAXI points.

now if they had fished 6kg for those blues.............. :) :) :)

looks like a great weekend by the sounds of the weather and the fishing

warnie were you living the high life and fishing out of broadbill??

Col

Edited by djmac

warnie were you living the high life and fishing out of broadbill??

Col

Col.....

Sure was living the high life in those weather conditions..... but out of my own 7.2 broadbill

not on the "Broadbill".......

how ya going with that shoulder of yours ready to get back into it yet???????

Ps... Alex (black russian) having just had a second look at that 2nd pic of your stripe it looks as if the leader has wrapped it's self twice round the bill and picked the hook up in the process as opposed to being hooked in the mouth....

i bet that made him a bit fiesty....Was that the actual case there as you done well to stay connected ??????

Warnie....

Edited by ungry warnie

ahh of course...

some reason i thought the broadys only had the marlin broadbill logo on the cab and that was it....

how many did you guys get for the weekend??

shoulders a bit better hey, thanks for asking

hopefully might be good in a few weeks and can get a shot at a late fish.

ahh of course...

some reason i thought the broadys only had the marlin broadbill logo on the cab and that was it....

how many did you guys get for the weekend??

shoulders a bit better hey, thanks for asking

hopefully might be good in a few weeks and can get a shot at a late fish.

Col...

as you are aware the result for the day can be greatly improved by reading the situation and adopting differant tactics on the day if need be.....and saturday being a good excample in case....

the game plan was to locate bait at or around the baitstation area and work that area with what we jigged up...

however finding bait for us..... how i wanted it to be found that is..... was just not happening so worked the area with plastics

to cover ground looking around.......hence came across stripes going 4-2-1 and really should of changed over to switching early on in the day and most likely would of converted that into 4 fish and maybe raised more in the process....a wrong option for the day on my part for i should know better that when stripes are crawling over plastic like that it can have a reasonably low conversation rate...with switching enjoying a much better result....

hopefully that should paint a mental picture of the days proccedings for you....

Cheers Warnie.....

I would have more fun fighting blue plastic bags than a blue shark!

I fought a large white plastic bag once and it went ok ,but the big green garbage bag really took some landing :074: infact I nearly got the flyer out :1yikes:

Cheers Stewy

So you`ve caught a blue shark?

:074: I have and some of em even put up a decent fight.

Then tell me why their 1/3 points?

Edited by nudge

Warnie,

It's always that decision you make on the day is the hardest thing... and I always seem to make the wrong one.

Stripeys are such sloppy eaters like you say switching was probably the go. but you know what its like when you're switching. you gotta make sure your crew have constant focus and isnt really for the inexperienced crew.

on true blue we have had mixed results lure switching..... its an interesting concept which has sort of worked but i guess u couldnt really call it switching... its confusing but with having mostly an inexperienced crew i think has help us pin a couple (but still a lower conversion rate than bait and switch in my book) that we may have missed due to unattention. pm me if u want more info..though youve been doing this stuff alot longer than i have, so im sure your tactics work better!

Nudge as you know that gamefishing rules have been around for a long time now and there hasnt been major changes to the rules since when they were founded. especially one the classification of gamefish.

god knows some should be changed with todays technology.

yes blue sharks are worth some good points IF they are targetted in the right line class.

if you have done a bit of capture fishing you know that its not just stick a bait out on some gear and gaff whatever eats it. alot of thinking goes into it. making sure you only take those fish that will weigh on the right gear etc...

blue sharks won the capture division but how many times have you seen a tag and release division won by the boat tagging a couple of <1kg dolphin fish(vermin) to put them in front for the win........

Edited by djmac

C'mon guys. You can hardly say that NSW gamefishing capture pointscoring rules have not adapted over the years.

The points for Blue sharks have been adjusted many times, in correlation with their perceived/average fighting qualities. Initially they were 1/2 points. Then they were 1/3 points, and now they are in fact only scoring 1/4 points!

I think someone earlier said that if the 232kg Blue Marlin had been taken on 37kg line that would have seen Black Pete win the tournament capture section. That is correct. The fish would then have scored 8,743 points, and the boat total would have increased to 13,726 (against Jamie and the boys and girl on Carnage with 12,603).

It should also be noted in fairness that the Blue Sharks in themselves did not score all that many points (3,550 and 5,423), it was the combination of all 3 fish which got Carnage across the line.

One >min weight marlin on light line would actually have thrown a spanner in the works. One was presented at the weighstation but only managed about 57.5kg on 10. If it had managed to be >74.5kg/10 that fish would have scored enough to beat Carnage's 3 sharks.

Cheers,

Bob.