Rust Protection For 4x4 Liquid Lanolin Vs Fish Oil

offchops

howdy ,im a panel beater by trade and either of those products work well and with fish oil your car wont get stolen,or get any parking dents at the shops cause it stinks but fish oil is very good cause its thin and it gets in between the panels

fish oil will have to be reapplied every 12 to 18 months ,you can get fish oil that has a perfume additive(thats not the word I'm looking for)that helps with the smell goes away in aweek or two anyway

never used lanolin

the product we use at work is a Wurth product called cavity wax this stuf is good but expensive,if i was paying for it id go scented fish oil every time last time i baught some it was twenty something bucks trade for 4litres

as for the sand it will stick to everything and if you don't clean it your cars gonna rust anyway ,when i was 4wd junkie i would try and get the car so dirty that i couldn't tell what make it was and then drive it up on some car ramps and gerni it underneath then ran like hell so my old man couldn't catch me to complain about the hundred kilos of top soil i deposited on his yard lol

seriously you will have to clean it every time you go on the sand

or there is option two wich is just drive it like you stole till you run it into the ground and then buy another

cheers arman

thanks 4 your time mr magoo i am planning on a good gernie after beach do u know where to get sent fish oil would super cheap have it

try super cheap,repco those mobs ,you could try your local smash repairs if you have any repour with them, im sure they could order it in for you

you will need a spraying nozzle thingy to apply the fish oil properly ,so when you remove the rubber gromets from inside your sills the fish oil will be sprayed everywere internally etc etc

cheers arman

• 2 weeks later...

Offchops,

I use Valvoline Tectyl 506 mixed with about 5% fish oil to thin it but I'm looking at the lanolin for my newie. The Tectyl used to be still soft / tacky after a couple of years. Fish oil alone seems break down fairly quickly. Given the product is only as good as its application, I've got Sata rustproofing gun which i think you can pick up for about $350 now (they were dearer when I acquired mine) and the amount of gear this gun has coated in the 10 years i've had it have made it a great investment [?].

Cheers,

Anthony.

Edited by Stuck

Sorry about that,

I overlooked the "under" part of your post. For the underside I used to use a Valvoline product for that too (and no, I'm not related to John Laws) but I can't recall the product name / number. Just to clarify things I spent 16 years in a motor dealership workshop and I'd rather use stuff I trust rather than the stuff they were selling.

Cheers again,

Anthony.