238kg Blue Marlin Caught

Hi guys here are a few more pics of my blue marlin that went 238kg just getting around to doing it, what a day the memories :thumbup: , have to thank my skipper harry trace man jimbo and other crew mark and joe for doing a fantastic job it will be a day i wont forget

post-5995-1209887255_thumb.jpg

post-5995-1209887269_thumb.jpg

post-5995-1209887278_thumb.jpg

post-5995-1209887287_thumb.jpg

post-5995-1209887296_thumb.jpg

post-5995-1209887307_thumb.jpg

Nice fish! NIC-NAT was it a stand-up effort or in the chair??

Daniel

it was on 80lb stand up

Hi Schnepy

Awesome catch great fish :thumbup: congratulations

Are you going to send the beak to the taxadermist for a mommento?

Arked

yeah mate its already there

• 2 months later...

Just heard of reports of a big blue marlin being weighed today the blue marlin went 238kg this has been confirmed and weighed.

More details to follow later on.

cheers

craig

just wondering do you Craig, (Polynemus_sheridani) or anyone else think it would be at all possible to catch a Blue of that size on 24kg stand up or not?

just wondering do you Craig, (Polynemus_sheridani) or anyone else think it would be at all possible to catch a Blue of that size on 24kg stand up or not?

Scon,

The sydney record blue was caught on Broadbill in 1992 by an angler Harvey Sainsbury who had never caught a bream or even yakka off the local wharf in his life before, let alone am 298kg blue marlin. It was caught on 24kg and it did every thing right It arrived at the boat as many blues do dead as a do do.

My son Glenn released a fish he estimated at 330 kg's five years later That too was caught on 24kg it was released after a 5 hour fight.

It can be done it just depends how fast you can go backwards

Ross

Scon,

I ve been gamefishing most of my life and have fished with Ross and Glenn Hunter for over 10yrs as a crewman, catching nearly most our marlin on 24kg line class including 21 marlin in day, too many grand slams to remember and some large Striped, Black and Blue marlin.

24kg line is not as harsh on the body and the fish as well plus having a great skipper behine the wheel helps alot too.

Gamefishing is all about fun with great mates and catching that fish of your dreams. :beersmile:

post-7100-1217720889_thumb.jpg