238kg Blue Marlin Caught

Scon,

I ve been gamefishing most of my life and have fished with Ross and Glenn Hunter for over 10yrs as a crewman, catching nearly most our marlin on 24kg line class including 21 marlin in day, too many grand slams to remember and some large Striped, Black and Blue marlin.

24kg line is not as harsh on the body and the fish as well plus having a great skipper behine the wheel helps alot too.

Gamefishing is all about fun with great mates and catching that fish of your dreams. :beersmile:

post-7100-1217720889_thumb.jpg

Soxie,

Thanks for those kind words and yes we did have wonderfull times together on Broadbill and that will continue I am sure..As they say the good times when they're bitin', the bad times when they're not and the goin' half mad times when you do several days without a bite.. It's all part of this wonderfull and unpredictable world of fishing

I do remember that great day in Feb 2005 when we released 21 stripes in a day, a day when you ran around the decks all day to keep up with the wild double hook ups and the crazy action. To have achieved that I needed one of the best crewman on the coast and I had it with you Soxie..It is not an easy task to work 60 days and keep enthusiasm as keen at the start of the season and at the end.. Graet memories with many milestones.I always appreciatted your help and more so your talents as a great deckie.