$15000 Boat?

andrias

hi,

just wondering guys what kind of boat can i get for 15000. will it be enough to get to places like brown?

thinking of spending 15000 on a boat and just want to find out the range of boat that i can get

thank you for your help

cheers

For that price you will only get a second hand boat at best.

The new motor for an offshore boat to go to Browns is at least that much alone.

Cheers Stewy

Hi, I agree with Stewy your budget would get you the reliable engine to go safely out to Browns. Buying a boat bigger enough to safely do this for $15K will get you alot of trouble. Save about $10K more and then you should have the right amount of money to look for something bigger enough and reliable enough to do the job.

Cheers,

Huey.

Even if your budget is limited, the good thing about trailer boats is that they are on a trailer. Tow a boat to somewhere like Bermi and you can get onto real big pelagics only 12 miles out, and sometimes closer.

Edited by krill

i wasn't planning to get a new boat. a second hand boat will be good enough

Browns mountain is a long way offshore and you will definately need a reliable hull and motor to venture out there.

Cheers Stewy

Mate if ya look around and bide your time you will find the right boat and even whilst your waiting you could be saving abit more towards a new rig.

In the meantime if your desperate to get out there put a post up in the desperate and boatless section will be good to get some experience by going out there with someone else who has done it many times.

We sold our haines hunter 580slf center cab twin 90hp yammy 2 strokes this time last year for 10k and that was set up for gamefishing and was a top boat would have done a browns trip with ease there are picks of it on PAGE 8 of members boats topic in this section....brown sides, cream cabin deck and roof.

cheers james

Edited by james1990