Cabarita Greenback Tailor Comp.

Jewhunter

G'day all.

The Cabarita beach greenback fishing comp is on again from the 7-8th of June. Cost is $25.00 for adults & $10.00 for kids under 16 with some great prizes up for grabs.

I'm going to fish it. I might not weigh a Tailor though as if I do manage any they will be Jew bait! :biggrin2:

If any fellow Raiders would like to fish it with me then drop me a p.m.

Sign on is up until 12 noon on the Saturday with no fishing before then. Weigh in is up until 9 a.m the next day.

I'm planning to fish for blackies on Sat arvo to hopefully weigh a good one & have fresh jew bait. I'll then fish the beach ( probably Wooyung, 4x4 access ) for tailor & jew in the evening & into the night until the big high tide at 11.30 p.m. The moon phase looks very nice. I'll scope out a nice gutter the Friday before.

Cheers,

Grant.

Where exactly is Cabarita, Grant? I heard the guy being interviewed on ABC Radio yesterday! Obviously up your way :):)

I think he said $25,000 in prizes up for grabs (could be more!)

Gotta be in it to win it ..... keep your biggest tailor to weigh in! :)

Good luck with the Jewhunt, Jewhunter!!! If anyone knows where to fine 'em, You DO !! :)

Cheerio

Roberta

Where exactly is Cabarita, Grant? I heard the guy being interviewed on ABC Radio yesterday! Obviously up your way :):)

I think he said $25,000 in prizes up for grabs (could be more!)

Gotta be in it to win it ..... keep your biggest tailor to weigh in! :)

Good luck with the Jewhunt, Jewhunter!!! If anyone knows where to fine 'em, You DO !! :)

Cheerio

Roberta

Ta Roberta.

Cabarita is close to me. 20 mins away on the coast. Nice spot as well! :biggrin2:

Yep, $25,000 in cash & prizes to be won. I will weigh a bigger Tailor if I get one.

Should be a fun comp.

Cheers,

Grant.

O i mite go, would like some more info on it though?

I work Saturday mornings and finish at 10.30, but 1.5 hrs is more then enough time to fly down the highway and get there to sign on!

Where are you permitted to fish, do you have to keep the fish alive to hand in?

Below is a map where the point is the place of comp, and im north currumbin about 25kms from it, kinda same distance as you jew.

Pm sent!

post-7532-1212315194_thumb.jpg

Edited by iricangi

No probs mate!

I've sent you back a p.m. :biggrin2:

It's a catch & kill comp & on the Sunday there is a fish auction of the fish caught with monies to go to the local surf lifesaving club.

Fishing doesn't start until 12.pm on Saturday so you'll have plenty of time.

Should be a top comp. If you want to have a fish together let me know.

Cheers,

Grant.

Yea sounds good, still don't know where to fish!

Is there any boundaries we can fish ?

Sign-On for the Competition is Saturday 8th June from 12 NOON to 6:00 PM Starting Time 1200 Noon.

So even if i'm a tiny bit late past 12 I can still sign on?

Gear isn't ready so much work to be done ahhhh all in the last week of uni too.

Grant Jay's moved over from Kingscliff to Hastings Point near Cabarita. Jay said he would have entered for sure but he's tied up for the weekend. Jimmy might be able to come up from Ballina for the tailor part and would fish on with you for the jew no risk about that. It would be great if you could meet Jimmy and young "fish kill" Phil so that you can get amongst the area's nd the Richmond jew together :thumbup: . Grant I'll give you a buzz if Jimmy can get time off from the fish farm.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Grant Jay's moved over from Kingscliff to Hastings Point near Cabarita. Jay said he would have entered for sure but he's tied up for the weekend. Jimmy might be able to come up from Ballina for the tailor part and would fish on with you for the jew no risk about that. It would be great if you could meet Jimmy and young "fish kill" Phil so that you can get amongst the area's nd the Richmond jew together :thumbup: . Grant I'll give you a buzz if Jimmy can get time off from the fish farm.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Thanks for that Byron. :thumbup:

I'll catch up with you & Jimmy for sure when you're up this way next.

The Seabreeze forecast for the w/end up here looks pretty crap. Strong southerly & 3 mtr seas. Not flash for beach fishing so it might not be worth the effort for Jimmy to come up. I'll see how it looks closer to the w/end. Hopefully they're wrong. :(

Cheers,

Grant.

I hope the weather holds off!

Might scout some gutters/areas as never been down to Cabrita, only to Kingscliff.

You privy to the location details yet jew?

I hope it holds off as well as I have a leave pass from the :wife: !!!

I believe that you would be able to fish from the south Tweed wall down to Wooyung.

I'm working in Cabarita tommorow so I'll drop in to the tackle shop & find out.

Cheers,

Grant.

Just went down to our local tackle shot to give beach fishing a crack b4 the comp.

Found out the ol mates have won the comp 3 times in a row :074:

Was a bit dishearted how badly we went, if the weather is bad I might give it a miss :thumbdown:

Ta Roberta.

Cabarita is close to me. 20 mins away on the coast. Nice spot as well! :biggrin2:

Yep, $25,000 in cash & prizes to be won. I will weigh a bigger Tailor if I get one.

Should be a fun comp.

Cheers,

Grant.

G'day Jewhunter,

Yearly I used to go for holidays up in that neck of the woods and we used to go to Cabarita Lake for parasailing and the likes.

Are there fish in that lake? Or are we talking about a different Cabarita?

Cheers

Mariner

G'day Jewhunter,

Yearly I used to go for holidays up in that neck of the woods and we used to go to Cabarita Lake for parasailing and the likes.

Are there fish in that lake? Or are we talking about a different Cabarita?

Cheers

Mariner

Yes mate, there is an inlet at Cabarita. A bit QLD canal style in some areas. Cabarita is between Hastings Point & Kingscliff. That might help you get your bearings! :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.

Hi Grant

Was it a washout? DId you go anyway? How did you go?

Cheerio

Roberta

Hi Roberta.

I didn't fish the comp. The weather wasn't the best but I was going to have a crack anyway.

Then on Friday I pinched a nerve in my neck at work & could hardly move all w/end. :(

I didn't even make it to the weigh in. :1badmood:

I did hear that a 4kg + tailor won the day & there were a couple of average jew caught.

Ahh well, there's always next year. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.

Sorry to hear that Grant - hope the pinched nerve has fixed up now! Incredibly painful when that happens, plus very uncomfortable! We take our full range of movement so much for granted!

A 4kg Tailor is still pretty good - we've been getting 3lbers down our way & reckon that is good! :) Well done to the ones that got the jewies!

As you say, back to the drawing board! Better luck next year!

Cheerio

Roberta