• France
    • Portugal
    • Czech Republic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

How's Turkey this morning? awesome work Lads.

Now, on to the Italy France game in a few days- I have no doubt we (Italy) will win, but I have a siknging feeling that the Dutch coach will be fielding a total second rate team with the hope of a loss or draw simply to ensure neither France or Italy proceed to the Quarter Finals... I know I would- usually when either France or Italy make it past the group stages, they make it to the finals....

I hope their pride gets the better of them and the Dutch play for the win...for our sake anyway....

Anthony

If you were the Dutch coach would you be fielding your best 11? Think Portugal and Switzerland.

I'm thinking you guys will have another draw and so will Romania. I hope not.

The other thing is that the Dutch would have to play either France or Italy in the Semi Final eventually so it may well be Romania's day. We'll see.

For us, bring on the Turks.

Now, on to the Italy France game in a few days- I have no doubt we (Italy) will win, but I have a siknging feeling that the Dutch coach will be fielding a total second rate team with the hope of a loss or draw simply to ensure neither France or Italy proceed to the Quarter Finals... I know I would- usually when either France or Italy make it past the group stages, they make it to the finals....

I hope their pride gets the better of them and the Dutch play for the win...for our sake anyway....

Anthony

Sad but very true, Holland will put a second string team on the park...but time will tell.....

Im very happy that we have croatia next, would be the ideal team for Turkey to play, CRoatia are a very good team but out of the remaining they would be the best chance we have of reaching the Semi's and im very sure its vice versa for Croatia Fans.....bring on the game and may the better team win.....15th world ranked team against 20th.....

First quarter finals decided

Croatia vs Turkey

Germany vs Portugal This should be an interesting game

Van Basten will rest some players there is a couple with injury concerns(Robben and Van Persie) and probably any on players on yellow cards

Sad but very true, Holland will put a second string team on the park...but time will tell.....

Im very happy that we have croatia next, would be the ideal team for Turkey to play, CRoatia are a very good team but out of the remaining they would be the best chance we have of reaching the Semi's and im very sure its vice versa for Croatia Fans.....bring on the game and may the better team win.....15th world ranked team against 20th.....

I wouldn't put too much faith in the rankings. Look at Greece for example. At least Turkey don't play that brand of football but they have a fair number of injuries for the QF.

I actually would rather have played against a more fancied team as the Croats have trouble against teams where they are favourites. No so against the bigger nations. Ask an Italian how many times they have beaten Croatia. I just hope they keep playing like they did against the Germans, not like they did in the second half against Austria.

The last time we played Turkey competitively was in Euro 96. I hope the result is the same this time around.

Man I can't wait for this. Sorry Oz but I can't wish you well for this game.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the rankings. Look at Greece for example. At least Turkey don't play that brand of football but they have a fair number of injuries for the QF.

I actually would rather have played against a more fancied team as the Croats have trouble against teams where they are favourites. No so against the bigger nations. Ask an Italian how many times they have beaten Croatia. I just hope they keep playing like they did against the Germans, not like they did in the second half against Austria.

The last time we played Turkey competitively was in Euro 96. I hope the result is the same this time around.

Man I can't wait for this. Sorry Oz but I can't wish you well for this game.

:dito:

If Srna manages a few nice free kicks, a few clean crosses in for Olic as well, and Pletikosa continues to show his talent, we could even go all the way I think. Pletikosa is an awesome keeper in my books. All in all, 3 / 3 and hopefully a few more to add to that.

Italy will not make it as they do not deserve it going from what they have shown. Romania should have beaten them, though luck was on the italians side. They had it against Australia as well as numerous World Cups and Euros. They are by far the luckiest country by scraping into knockout stages after drawing all there group games. I even remember them drawing all there games in a world cup all the way to the final

Van Basten would have to be crazy not to rest his star players and men on yellow cards. I some what think the dutch have peaked too early just as Argentina did in Germany. The Dutch are all class, Portugal and Croatia look like title contender's and dont ride off the German's.

The Pommie's will never come to terms that they were outclassed and will never understand why they cannot and will not win a major tournament played outside of England.

Edited by varos1911

i cant stand any other code but the NRL , go the KNIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Gday Diver ,what has that got to do with the Euro football Championships :thumbdown:

If you dont like soccer dont participate in this thread .

Regards Swordfisherman

Anthony

im with ya anthony,GO ITALY.

froza italia

Who Cares? :074::074::074:

I think i heard somewhere that a couple of HUNDRED MILLION people do :tease::tease:

FORZA ITALIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Italy, with Romania losing you guys have secured a quarter finals position.....

i cant stand any other code but the NRL , go the KNIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the rest of the world disagrees mate, Soccer is the WORLD GAME...most supported sport on the globe

An incase you have been in a cave somewhere of late, Australia is now a competitive team in soccer...who can forget the croatia game at the 06 world cup when an estimated 2 mil+ australians woke up at 4.00am....great night for Australian sport

Edited by netic

oout of interest, i am in croatia at the moment, n watching the croatia turkey game with the locals last night. U have never seen a bar full of croat supporters go from celebrating n cheering to utter disbelief. There were alot of grown men crying afterwards.