Workshops

Anyone interested in some more workshops?

Please let me know what sort of topics you would like to have presented.

I am talking to the Maritime people to hold a boating safety/info night. Questions can be asked regarding legislative changes and their impact for us all.

An evening presented by the TAFE people on the various courses available has been suggested also.

There are tons of topics that people are interested in - share your ideas and we will get some evenings happening.

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

PS If anyone reading has expertise in specific areas and would like to present please send me details via PM or email :)

i wouldn't mind a boat safety course seeing that i am getting a boat in near future.

- getting out of unexpected situations

- the must haves in a boat ie tools

- knowledge of common problems and fixes. similar to knowing how to change a tire on a car.

i think a boat type coarse with general maintenance/safety/loading of boats at ramps etc..

also incorporating some fishing techniques like downrigging/trolling livebaiting etc..

and most importantly some common sence etiquette like trolling distance from others

and anchoring on top of others if you get my drift...

ive seen some crazy stuff out there as im sure lots others have too and some is just arrogance but some is just people who just dont know as they were never shown any different...

cheers....steve.....

Well you have 2 I guess. Possibly start up another thread for that and see how it goes.

I think we have some excellent bream guys on this forum. I reckon a night all about bream on lures, bait and different locations would create some interest.

What do you guys reckon.

I think we have some excellent bream guys on this forum. I reckon a night all about bream on lures, bait and different locations would create some interest.

Provided it was a Friday/Sat Night, I would definitely consider travelling to Syd to hear some of the boys talk on this subject!

Hodgey

Provided it was a Friday/Sat Night, I would definitely consider travelling to Syd to hear some of the boys talk on this subject!

Hodgey

Caught one or two have you mate? :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Sounds good to me.

The bream would be good There is enough bream fishos here to have a few doing individual talks on a specific technique each not only on lures but bait as well

Friday or sat nights suit me better gotto get up too early for work

Edited by The Iceman

What about a bait catching/gathering/rigging session? Good bait=good fish and there are plenty of raiders who'd love to be better clued up on where and how to find squid, yakkas, mullet, worms, etc, etc.

Cheers, Slinky

I totally agree. A great topic both for beginners and seasoned anglers! Definately be there if theres such a topic.

The bream would be good There is enough bream fishos here to have a few doing individual talks on a specific technique each not only on lures but bait as well

Friday or sat nights suit me better gotto get up too early for work

I was thinking the same thing.

What about a bait catching/gathering/rigging session? Good bait=good fish and there are plenty of raiders who'd love to be better clued up on where and how to find squid, yakkas, mullet, worms, etc, etc.

Cheers, Slinky

Great idea,i would be interested in this.

Stephen

:1fishing1:

Radio course we can do for sure - just need enough takers

Put me down for the radio course, I couldnt make the last one.

Boat/trailer setup, maintenance, safety equip/tools, fishing courtesy, operating outside etc sounds good too. I would be interested. Perhaps a boat setup/review & fishing day down at ATB. Maybe twist Huey's arm to attend ? I am sure it might direct some business his way too, to support corp sponsors.

I would also be interested in live bait catching, hanbling, keeping alive, tank setup.

Thanks, will keep an eye on this post.

Steve

I would be interested in a radio course if it was on any other day than a Saturday.

Also a session on the fishing basics would be good such as, hook selection, tackle types and purposes, etc.

I wouldn't mind a session on how to use soft plastics, I've got no idea how to use them.

Deek

same with me ive had better luck using them as bait in stead of lures :1prop:

when would it be roughley

cheers fisherboy :1fishing1: