Workshops

All the topics so far sound very interesting but regardless it would be great if the workshop could be videod or recorded and posted online so those who can't make it can learn a thing or two?

The topic on collecting bait and motor maintenance sound fantastic!

Elliot

Here's another suggestion...

What about a Hairtail workshop (how to, where to, etc) prior to the social. If it was at either Fishifinder or Go Fish it could be combined with shopping for the big weekend once I know what on earth I need to catch the fanged buggers (not to mention stock up on thermals and beanies).

Cheers, Slinky

Here's another suggestion...

What about a Hairtail workshop (how to, where to, etc) prior to the social. If it was at either Fishifinder or Go Fish it could be combined with shopping for the big weekend once I know what on earth I need to catch the fanged buggers (not to mention stock up on thermals and beanies).

Cheers, Slinky

Good idea slinky but time is short.

Check out some more info in this post in the meantime HAIRTAIL NEEDS

G'Day all

What about a general tackle talk? We have had several requests on the forums for information on:

Mono vs Fluro (and the merits of each)

Joining leader to braid

Knots

Any thoughts?

Hodgey

• 8 months later...

G'Day all

What about a general tackle talk? We have had several requests on the forums for information on:

Mono vs Fluro (and the merits of each)

Joining leader to braid

Knots

Any thoughts?

Hodgey

Hey all

I would definitely be up for this one as i am very new to fishing and by the sounds of things have so so so much to learn.

If this ever goes ahead i will be on the list to be there

Thanks

Jacks

• 1 month later...

How about using fish finders

I find that the manuals are not easy to understand and could really use some help in getting the best from my equipment

That's a good idea Simda, particularly if a course on using a GPS was incorporated with the getting the best out of a sounder course.

I was impressed by the reports that came back from the soft plastics workshop day at Hen & Chicken Bay where participating members had the opportuniy to bring a rod along and put what they learned into practice in their instructors' boats etc.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Put me down for the next sp workshop like the one at H&C Bay!! After my dismal attempts to catch bream over the last week, I obviously need a lot of tuition before this time next year! Will definitely attend the next one! :wacko:

Cheerio

Roberta

Thanks for the suggestions all.

Some of the workshops we could do:

1.boat licence course

2.MROCP course

3.hands on lures - hb's and surface

4.boat/trailer/motor maint

5.bait catching

6.fishfinders/sounder GPS use

I only need to select venue and organise the appropriate person/s to deliver a course/workshop.

Hi,

I would certainly be interested in attending option 6. The difficulty would be showing the different make and models.

I have the Rick Huckstep DVD about interpreting sounders if you would like to use that so everyone learns the theory, learning the manual tuning process and getting the optimal picture I think would be of most benefit

Cheers

Peahead.

Hi,

I would certainly be interested in attending option 6. The difficulty would be showing the different make and models.

I have the Rick Huckstep DVD about interpreting sounders if you would like to use that so everyone learns the theory, learning the manual tuning process and getting the optimal picture I think would be of most benefit

Cheers

Peahead.

Yes it would be difficult to get all makes and models. The one I organised in 2007 was for Lowrance sounders. Here is the report on that night.

http://fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=20792

I learnt to use our before we even got it. There is this Product Emulator that you download and "operate" using sample maps etc

http://www.lowrance.com.au/en-au/Downloads...duct-Emulators/

mrsswordfisherman