Old Savage Mako Rebuild/rebirth.

Paulf4456

Thats a top effort, would you say you had to spend a lot of money to get it to that stage???

I estimated about $55-60Ks. Sounds a lot but you've got to remember this is money spent over 4 years and that price is including a brand new motor at $22k, professional spray job another $4000. The money you save is in the labour. The transom for this boat done profesionally anywhere from 3-4 thousand. It cost me between $700-800 in materials. Simply if your going to pay someone to do it, go buy a new boat it's not worth it. Do a lot of research and reading, maybe try something small in fibreglass, but above all don't kid yourself. This is hard work. You will sweat and itch and ache but the end results speak for themselves and you will find yourself in a bigger and better boat than you might think. My current bass boat still being built, cost $230 on E-Bay. Materials about $1200. Trailer $270. I'll have an all but , brand new 15' bass boat built to my design on a trailer for under $2000. I'm hunting for a new motor at the boat show this year.

Hope this helps Fitzy