Bass Minnows

vipernut

After reading numerous posts mentioning bass minnows,i thought i should get some to try..not many stockists in my area,and they never seem to have any...plenty of minnows,grubs..etc...but no bass minnows.... today however :wife: drags me to the shops,which for the first time i had to thank her for.there in local big w i find the elusive bass minnow,only had 2 colors but hey,i finally have some. they are pearl/blue & gold/blk..

Now all i need to know is what is the best way to rig them.most of my fishing is shore based(95%)..i have only used squidgies before,and have a few sizes & weights in there jig heads,& a few finnesse heads..will these do the job or do i need to buy something else..any help will be appreciated.

stephen.....

Those jigs will work fine mate. The only other hook you may need is a worm hook. You use this if you want to fish the BS Minnow weightless.

Below is 2 examples.

If your fishing using weighted jigheads id have to say that Nitro jigheads have worked well for me. I you carnt get any ive found that gamakasu jigheads in a 1/22 have worked as well. :thumbup:

Hope this helps.