Great Morning Session

snag

Woke up this morning at 4am to go for a quick session with Ian and Nicko,

arrived at the spot just before 5am to see Ian waiting for me and Nicko no where to be seen :1prop: no matter we decided to start without him.

The tide didnt do us any favours when we started, as it was rock bottom, but we did manage some bream and lizards with the odd taylor thrown in.

About 15mins before we decided to call it quits my reel started to scream and all i was thinking was dont go under the bridge, well it did :1yikes: but a quick tug and it was out :1yikes: thank god, but it didnt finish there, another bigger scream and my line ended up in the middle of the river and i turned to Ian and said its a jew, woooohooooo, after about 5mins of fighting and watching the rod bend and the real scream i got the jew to the bank. ian went in the water to help the jew out and we just looked at a great fighting fish.

I was so stoked i was shaking for another 10 mins after id caught it, what a great morning. :thumbup: .

Thanks ian again for helping me out and the session.

Pic's to be posted after i finish work this afternoon :thumbup: .

Thanks guys,

And yes Andrew the usual spot :thumbup: .

Before i forget the jew took a 2" Pooeater on my 6 ft sic-stic 1-3kg, using 4lb fireline with a 10lb leader.

The jew mesured 76cm and weighed in at 4kilo's.

Great work Snag

It was a pleasure to be there with you and as always I thoroughly enjoy our sessions

Watching the 5 mins of battle was awesome and I can only hope I am one day in a similar position holding the rod

It just goes to show what a 2"Grub means to some predators

Your the man Snag :greatpics::thumbup:

Beautiful! Love those jewels down the side. :thumbup:

Why is it that the smaller fish have the Jewels down their flanks, and the bigger ones don't???? :huh:

Gotta love a good fighting jew. :thumbup:

29561[/snapback]

Good fish man!! :thumbup:

where did ya get him. I wouldn't mind hav'in a go there :1fishing1:

I didnt think jews was known as a "fight'n" fish. every thing i read recons jews a bit lazy fighters. fish like kings, tuna known as good fight'n fish.

This right?

never got a Jew. Never got no king or tuna too. So i dont no.

30053[/snapback]

Hi Breamnut,

Mate the smaller jews can go off espesially on light gear.

Mate he was caught down near botany bay in one of the river systems, carnt say to much if you know what i mean. :1fishing1: .