Kariong Dam

Grantm

Went there on Sunday and the whole place was closed :thumbdown:

Where are you Paul ? Thought it was open EVERY Sunday. Even the main office was closed.

Pitty too, saw at least 5 cars come up while I was there looking around and did what I did - went home.

Whats the story ?

Went there on Sunday and the whole place was closed :thumbdown:

Where are you Paul ? Thought it was open EVERY Sunday. Even the main office was closed.

Pitty too, saw at least 5 cars come up while I was there looking around and did what I did - went home.

Whats the story ?

63193[/snapback]

I think its only open saturday afternoon until spring then it will be open sat aft and sunday .

cheers

Mick

Apologies to anyone who has been to the dam this Winter. Point taken about signs but budget is very tight.

As per post, open Saturday afternoons only until October when will be open saturday 14.00 > 18.00 and Sunday 08.00 > 13.30 which should provide coiverage for best fishing times and for most people.

Can't say too much, I've been warned about free advertising on this site which I respect, but fishing is very good at the moment. Silver Perch are really active and Murray Cod willing as always.

Will also open outside those hours for groups or when I am up there so call me 0412-046969 and check.

• 4 months later...

I might go have a crack at this place, I only live 5 minutes away in Kariong.

What I woulkd like to know is is it STRICTLY catch and release as I would like to take a murray cod home for one of my tanks :biggrin2:

I have also heard there is a dam up sumersby way that is FULL of cod,bass and barra and its a legall fishing site, Can anybody verify this?

Cheers

Adam

Edited by teflon

Cheers for the welcome.

I was told about the dam at somersby from someone else ,but i can't say i know for sure.

There is a large waterway behind my house though which is meant to have cod and stuff in it but once again i haven't tried.

Are there any other good spots on the central coast for freshwater fishing?

Edited by swordfisherman

I might go have a crack at this place, I only live 5 minutes away in Kariong.

What I woulkd like to know is is it STRICTLY catch and release as I would like to take a murray cod home for one of my tanks :biggrin2:

I have also heard there is a dam up sumersby way that is FULL of cod,bass and barra and its a legall fishing site, Can anybody verify this?

Cheers

Adam

G'day guys, The dam at MPG is now closed to the public, there was a statement in the local paper a few weeks ago.

Hi Adam "teflon" ive been on the coast all my life and have not heard of a dam at somersby that holds Bass, Cod and Barra and ive sniffed around most dams, lagoons, creeks, rivers and potholes on the coast.

But ! if you know where it is and would like to hook up for a fish send me a pm.

Mabye you are thinking about the dam on the old sydney town site,which holds silvers,golderns bass and cod, but its not legal that i know off.

ALLEN hope everything is all ok with the fires down your way.

cheers

Mick

Edited by Fishlessmick